how do you use dj_unique script ed?

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by fireant99, Aug 5, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. fireant99

fireant99 New Member

I could not get socket mockey to work and then was told to download DJUnique script ed and now I really don't know how to use it. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Dj_Unique

Dj_Unique Member

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

A reply from the creator themselves, now thats service.

4. fireant99

fireant99 New Member

re:

Thank you for the information, I believe that i do have the latest patch. and I get a message saying that it couldn't find it in arcanum4.dat, going to use old op codes. but I will try and upgrade again because i did down grade my world ed to 1.7.0. So maybe that did something to it. But at least I have a starting point.

Fireant

5. Dj_Unique

Dj_Unique Member

The absence of arcanum4.dat shouldn't affect ScriptEd's functionality much at all. If you could tell me what other problems you are having I would be glad to help out.

At least from what I saw in the comments section of my site it is likely that you've forgotten to specify a script for the NPC in WorldEd.

Just guessing...

6. fireant99

fireant99 New Member

I got the script ed working, just to let you know, my dialog(num) would become do nothing . and I followed the script tutorial from almut? and the npc would look at me and say nothing. I have not tried the script yet because I was busy and I was wondering if I were to convert back to 1.7.0 for workd ed, would your script work because I already had world ed 1.7.4 as world ed 2. So, I know i did the update and was wondering if the comversion would make changes in that area. But it did say that could not find in dat4 and using old upcodes.. But as I said it comes up and that message is gone. Now if you need me to check about 1.7.0 and see if it still works, I will do that and if I don't hear anything today, I will probably do it tonight anyways, I want to thank you for helping me. I love it.

7. fireant99

fireant99 New Member

I did try to downgrade world ed and the message came back again. It says exactly this :: "ACTION.MES was not found in Arcanum4.dat. Reverting ot old upcodes." So some how that is chaning something. But is it true, it is easier to use world ed 1.7.0 than 1.7.4

Fireant

8. Dj_Unique

Dj_Unique Member

You don't have to fully revert to the 1.0.7.0 patch, just get the old WorldEd.EXE and leave Arcanum4.dat intact.
    The message is actually something I used for debugging, so you can ignore it.

As for the script, you have to change the line to
    "1. dialog 1" or which ever dialogue line you wish to call.

9. fireant99

fireant99 New Member

I see what i was doing wrong with the do nothing thing. I was keeping the () around the number. I got it to work but I have not tried it in the actual game yet. I will do that a let you know how it went. I am sure you are at the edge of your seat waiting to see, right? Just kidding.

10. fireant99

fireant99 New Member

OK, I got it all working and I really appriecate all the help DJ. I was waiting and trying to figure this stuff out for about 2 weeks. I got it so I can even take a rock monster thing and talk to me. I need to mess around a little more to truely understand how to get a dialog going for more than 3 lines.
    Thanks again.

Fireant

Our Host!