What kind of view and combat style do you want in Fallout 3?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkUnderlord, Jul 16, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What view and combat style would you like in fo3?

1. First person real time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. First person turn based

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Third person over-the-shoulder real time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Third person over-the-shoulder turn based

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Isometric top-down real time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Isometric top-down turn based

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. xento

xento New Member

Well, that's just because the Arcanum editor isn't very user-friendly, but then again very few editors are.

Charles, what the hell brought that up?

2. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Morrowind's editor is loads better than Arcanum's. Alot easier to use, fuh show. No manual undatting, just a simple plugin system.

3. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Only the zero based 10 symbol numbering system from the Arab allow matherical operation to be done on paper. All the other system you have to use than abacus( than frame with many collun of 9 beads each) to add number, subtract number, and do all other matherical operation. Try to add without change these roman numural mentral into arabic nunerial. C + I =? compare to Arabic way 100 + 1 = ?.

4. xento

xento New Member

But what's the damned point?

And C + 1 = CI

5. Silvara

Silvara New Member

He was trying to explain the difference between modding Fallout and Morrowind by analogy, comparing them to the Roman and Arabic numerals. You could perform operations with both, but it was much easier with the Arabic ones. Likewise, you can mod both Morrowind and Fallout, but it's much easier to mod Fallout.
    ...Or at least that's what I garnered from his posts. You can never be too sure, the way Charles types. :
    P

6. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

It is easier to mod Morrowind, first Fallout 1 and 2 like most games where hardcode (software programing that is very hard to change) which is use to prevent user from makeing change to program code and data. Some companies are afraid that someone will add Polictal Incorrect content to they programming like adding than Nazi Flag to Heart of Iron, there is than addon you can drownload which does that. I hexedit savegame files there afew which I didnot like where they use binary code in afew places to record infro like hit point than so many have to be the same value. There was only one company I know of that left in the savegame files than note telling you where you can change things and what range of values you can use and what to leave alone.

It was the Arab that finish delevolpment trigeometer and to delevop alghia, and analysia geometer.

XXIX + MD = ? 29+ 1500 = ?
    In the arabic one you can see the relateionship between the units, tens, hundred and thousanded colume. In the Roman one you cannot really see the relateionship at all.

7. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

Well DU, thumbs down for imagination. I modded out half of the cliff racers. But yes they did get really tedious while they were there.

Yes, the main quest is linear, either you do it or you fuck it up. If your character would not be the savior of the world then don't do the main quest. The way it's not linear is the (what I would consider to be large) ammount of factions and from that quests.

8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

... and od what instead? A bunch of fetch and kill missions, as opposed to the fetch and kill missions of the main quest?

Quests, ,most of which have only one solution and must all be done in the same sequential order.

9. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Morrowind is good for a short while, until you notice that whoever you talk to says almost the same thing, and whatever quest you do is almost a CC of something you did earlier. That said, there are many people who don't mind this, but the thing is, it's the exact opposite of Fallout.

10. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

In many computer roleplaying game many of the NPC say the same thing anyway,unless you are willing to write 50,000 plus script files that are different from each other.

11. xento

xento New Member

Games don't have 50,000 neutral NPCs standing around, anyway.

Morrowind's dialoug system is the shittiest thing I've ever seen.

12. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

You can have more than 1 script per NPC. You would have play the earlier computer roleplaying game where most NPC didnot say anything really either. Even in pencil & paper roleplaying game no GM will have than minor NPC dialore written down anyway in detail.

13. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

I'll take your word for it Jinxed becuase I've never had the enlightening experience of playing FO or FO2.

Morrowind's dialogue system if absoloutely fine, better than arcanum's but the dialogue does suck donkey balls

14. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

You must be enlightened.

I'll take that 'if' as an 'is', yes? In which case:
    No on both counts, yes on the last.

15. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

We had a devchat with beth in their fo 3 channel, here's a screenshot:

devchat

16. Riciky

Riciky New Member

omg that's the funniest thing i've ever seen.

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You know, that basically looks more like the Codex and a few random fuckwits rather than a devchat :).

18. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

A little off topic I bought Lionheart for 10 dollar a great game. I than sorry I took so long my phone didnot work for over aweek it gave no dialtone,

19. xento

xento New Member

And we should give a flying fuck because...?

20. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Interplay in they history make alots of great games. BG1 and 2 where great no matter what other on this board may say, Fallout 1 and bugs ridden Fallout 2, the Bard 1,2 and 3, and wasteland and Neumater(cyberspace combat vs AL computers).

Our Host!