Bethesda Softworks to Develop and Publish Fallout 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Milo, Jul 12, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Aries Shion

Aries Shion New Member

It's funny that they are acting all agrieved in the Something Awful forums because apparently we are making a fuss where isn't due. I mean, if they don't want fuss. They should have SHUT THE FUCK UP instead of making baseless, uninformed and frankly retarded statements.

2. Riciky

Riciky New Member

holy crap, fallout 3. hmm, i never could finish morrowind. but maybe that was because my saved games always corrupted....

wait a minute, does that mean melee weapons will be the only viable option in fallout 3, like they were in morrowind. idk about you, but guns were my only god on the radio 8)

anyway, morrowind did have kick ass graphics, so this won't be all bad. and i suppose if i can go around hitman style, it'd still work. i just hope the characters walk normal instead of like scarecrows in morrowind.

3. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

I read NMA news posts, I read Tycho's comment on PA. Now the post that Bethesda purchased the rights to Fallout 3 took me by surprise and I was rather afraid. I now agree with Tycho: we should wait before commenting.

4. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

I always thought that the news of FO3 being developed will be welcome with laud applause, I just didn’t imagine that the rights for this game will fall in the hands of developers that they do not plan to use ISO view, abandon turn-based combat and probably skip or moderate SPECIAL system to unrecognizable state. Every main characteristic that made Fallout unique is changed or worse completely abandoned, so what else can go wrong. Whoever declared jihad (after major disappointment from Bethsy) he can count me in.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    This is the best line I read for a long time

5. Quethim

Quethim New Member

And they probably won't even add that nice catchy tune at the begining of the game =/

6. Aries Shion

Aries Shion New Member

What saddens me, is that you are probably right. I swear I'll the idiot who makes the choice of adding rap, techno, heavy metal, pop. Old time rock from the time of Vietnam would be okay with me. Soul and Jazz too. Everything from late 40s, to 50s and MAYBE early 60s.

7. Milo

Milo New Member

Me too, brother. Let's hold hands like Thelma & Louise.

Take all the classic Fallout shit away, like SPECIAL, turn based, iso - all that. If the game still has that sense of humor and feel to it, I'll enjoy it. It MIGHT turn out good, you never know. It won't be the same, but it can still be a good game.

8. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Oh, I'll get the game. Will take it back if they don't have the nice music at the start of the game though! :p

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

It may turn out to be a good game, but there's a good chance it won't be what I would consider a genuine Fallout game. I am prepared to wait and see for details at this point, but jeez...the potential for them to fuck up royally is there in abundance.

10. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

If they won't call it "Fallout 3", it would be acceptable to make an action game in the fallout universe. But if they re-skin Morrowind it would suck.

11. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

Such as?

The idea that isometric is oudated or has more disadvantages boggles the mind. For one, it enables an intricate view of the surroundings, which is something neither first-person or third-person allow for. In first-person, players are basically have their vision constricted to wherever they are looking. In third-person, you risk having dodgy chase cam modes (like in Morrowind) wherein your character blocks about 30% of the view (if not more) of the surroundings.

The potential of 3D is that it allows for a larger perception of the world, something which is hampered by the inconveniences of camera angles. A 3d, isometric angle allows for a wider view, without the inadequacy of being limited to certain things like a chase cam which removes part of the potential of 3D, or being limited to only see what you're currently looking at. In fact, a 3d, isometric camera which provides options like rotation and zooming allows for much more in-depth appraisal of the gameworld than a simple, fixed first or third-person angle.

12. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I have than paper and pencil roleplaying game called Aftermath that take place in than Post Holocaust world, not necressly post WWIII or nuclear war, it can be than unknow illness kill 90 % of the population and the other 9% die from other causes. In Aftermath every character learn melee
    and archery even it they know how to use than gun. In a thirthly year after the end the right type of ammo for your gun might not be available it you waste ammo shooting at rabbit when than bow will do.

13. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I'm surprised they are going to change the format of the game, but if they manage to keep the same atmosphere with its strong characters and engaging story, it could be a really good game.

Someone making another Fallout game is a good thing. I don't believe making this game precludes the making of other Fallout games in the future. Even if it is a huge failure it would serve a purpose in that it would add weight to the argument that the isometric and turn-based format was part of the previous Fallout successes.

I'll be buying Fallout 3 the same way I bought Fallout Tactics and I'll be hoping for the best until proved wrong.

14. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

It we didnot allow for change in games good or bad there will be no progress of any type. All change are both good and bad at the same time.
    How many people would like to play text only game that where common one time in the computer game industry.

15. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

That is the exuse for all the gamedesigners who has wrecked good games since the dawn of time.
    As if it matters weather the game has developed so much. It must bee good, and it must be fallout, and fallout is not eyecandy.

16. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

The first graphic game have poor graphic that got better as time went by.
    The new company that going to make Fallout 3 is than company that mosly
    make good game like Arena, Daggerfall(with all the patches they have to make.),Morrowind.

17. xento

xento New Member

Well, at least one advantage is that the same company will be both developing and publishing the game, so their work won't be rushed by third-party publishers.

18. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

10 bucks¹ says it comes out in six months.

¹Monopoly dollars. No way am I putting up real money on a stupid bet like that.

20. xento

xento New Member

You ARE being sarcastic, aren't you?

Our Host!