Chris Beddoes Arcanum Expansion

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by DarkUnderlord, Sep 23, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What did you think of this Arcanum Module?

1. It's great! A fantastic module!

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. It's pretty good.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It's okay.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It's not so okay.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Very, very bad.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly you're right.

2. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

3. Albob of Clan Destructo

Albob of Clan Destructo New Member

Hey

The cbmodinstaller.exe file isn't at the site.Don't tell me it's with those money hungry bastards at fileplanet.

4. Albob of Clan Destructo

Albob of Clan Destructo New Member

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like Atalis Craftlord I also installed the "hard Arcanum" but the only differnce so far is the treasure trove of tech stuff at the crash site and some creatures are a little tougher. I didn't start with Virgil and Athenea but I am able to talk to Virg. about her but I have never seen her Plus the new starting locations are not there. has this happened to anyone else? how is it fixed?
    The Mod sounds really kick a$$ but it doesn't seem to be working right.

7. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

a) You did not rename the proto folder.

b) You did not delete the maps folder.

So no new maps and no new npc.

Do this now and everything will be ok.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Silver Lady line message error

Hey sup,

I've installed and been playing your mod for about a week and first I have to say it's much better than the original arcanum. But I have a problem in one area. Now everytime I get to Quintarra to talk to the silver lady, when I click to speak with her there's an error in the line messages and I've tried everything but nothing seems to work. Is there anything I can do about this or am I stuck? Because I can't get to Caladon without speaking to her and therefore I'm stuck at that point. I'd appreciate any help you can offer to fix this problem. Thanks

9. voidknight_27

voidknight_27 New Member

I did all this and i still start off with only Virgil. Why?

10. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

What else .

A) You have installed 1.7.4 patch right ?

Make sure that

a) Arcanum does not run.

Find these 2 folders and delete everything inside.

Make sure that they are the collerct folders.

If it still has not been fixed make a search in your system for these 2 files

Arcanum5.dat

Is it installed in the same directory as Arcanum.exe ?

and is Arcanum.PATCH1 in the subdirectory modules ?

If not move them there.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know this is a little off topic but does anyone play Arcanum online anymore? I always play by myself and see no games.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Overall, I'd have to say it's a really good mod. I don't like some of the things weighing what I think are unreasonable amounts, especially one bow that I found that no one can pick up - ever. Still, the new challenges and new sites make up for little things like that.

The new thieve's guild quests are really nice if you are into that area.

I'm not happy with the way that Sogg acts every time you try to pick a lock on a door and on many chests EVERYONE in the party yells at me. It gets old having them yell that I'm attacking a friend when I pick a lock on a chest. I don't get how that started, but it seems like maybe the chests got assigned to a faction and the party members are all assigned to the same faction.

If anyone is interested, Chris was nice enough to send me a copy of Hard Arcanum with the maps for Shrouded Hills in it and I have it set up on a file server at the Arcanum channel on Gamesnet in mIRC. All you have to do is type /ctcp Sinbad !Chris's Hard Arcanum and the file will send to you. Be sure that you have dccallowed me first or it might not send because it is an exe file. Having the map of Shrouded Hills does add a lot to the enjoyment of playing this mod and I want to thank Chris for being nice enough to send it to me and I want to share it with others.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, folks, it seems I am in the wrong thread. I thought this was about Chris's Hard Arcanum mod. So ignore everything I said above because it belongs in the Hard Arcanum thread and I'll post it there immediately.

OOPS!
    :eek: :/ :roll:

Sinbad

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

game ends no matter what when killing kerghan

in hard arcanum, i kill kerghan, saying i want to become an evil god... after this i end up in a room with that evil god moorindal and i agree to kill everyone in tarant wit him.... so me and moorindal kill everything for about a minute then the video which ends the game pops up randomly. and then automaticly quits the game. The ending is the video where i join kerghan and killed eveyone. I keep loading and retrying but this video keeps popping up after a minute and ending the game. Does anyone know how to get around this problem/bug ?

15. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Re: game ends no matter what when killing kerghan

Well this may suck but this is the way it is supposed to end.

You see there is no challenge in killing all the ppl in Tarant because your are the priest of the god of evil and toghther with Moorindal your are an unstopable force.

And of course you get that slide only because you see the consequence of your actions.

Instead try to fight Moorindal and kill him.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that everybody will totaly love i like it my self no if some sierra programers could help me it would be great couse i don't know hiow the game was made and i need help i'm sure you guys will like it its MULTIPLAYER NEVER ENDLeS MULTIACTION MOD WHERE YOU CAN FORM CLANS AND FIGHT ANOTHER CLANS AND MORE WITH A HUGE WORLD THAT NEVER ENDS .

ANd i need some help please email me : amaykov@yahoo.com

17. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

did you ever hear about commas and periods?

18. Zuljin

Zuljin New Member

Hey, I know this topic's been dead for quite the while, but I'm lazy and just downloaded the Car_Arcanum mod yesterday. I've gotten to the paranoid dwarf in the BMC mines (nice work on the shortcut, might I add) but where the writings used to be is now rubble, and I can't find it anywhere else...help please.

19. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Did you get the quest to go there normally from bates ?

20. Zuljin

Zuljin New Member

Our Host!