michael moore 4 presidnt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DEATH AT THE DOOR, Jun 25, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Did you think I was joking?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I see Vault material here

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I'm not saying that. What I was saying was that you were acting as though Saddam was personally oppressing you, and that the war had to be fought to free your own soul, not some people practically on the other side of the planet.

What I do know is that the number of American soldiers killed is far greater than the number of other soldiers killed. I know America has a larger presence there, and thus will take a larger percentage of casualties, and that your average militant probably hates America more than any other place, but I would say that if you looked at the ratios of soldiers killed to the number of soldiers there from each country, America would be way out in front.

On the other hand, I don't think a single Australian soldier has been killed in Iraq. I could be wrong, there may have been a couple, but it would seriously be no more than 10 soldiers, but I'd be surprised if it was even 5 of them. Admittedly, our presence there isn't particularly large at the moment, but the fact that it didn't happen at the height of the war is a fairly significant indicator.

Britain, I believe, still has a large number of troops there, yet I don't hear about yet another limey being killed on the news each night, but it's a rare day when I don't hear about an American being killed.

You're also judging dude. You may be judging favourably, but you're also judging.

Unfortunately I cannot cut out old newspaper articles and send them to you. The prisoner abuse fiasco was a media fest here, and many articles brought to light just how undertrained the majority of the military police were, and the insinuations were that it included the other sections of the army as well. Then there was that pro-footballer turned Army Ranger guy who was killed in Afghanistan due to friendly fire, when there weren't even any enemies about. Admittedly, I'm not there and I don't know what it was like, but still...

I also read an article at the Register a month or two back that had an interview with a British colonel who was quite uncomplimentary about the tactics used by the American in Iraq. If I can find it for you, I'll dig it up.

Then there's also anecdotal evidence from someone I know the Aussie Army Reserves, where a platoon of reservists managed to ambush and 'kill' about half of an American force (on an exercise obviously) far larger than themselves (up to 10 times larger actually) without taking a single casualty. These American soldiers were also Iraq veterans, and had their asses handed to them by weekend soldiers. Among other incidents, their scouts walked side by side down the middle of a dirt track, talking loudly, and when they stopped and turned around, one of them kept walking on and didn't even notice his partner wasn't there anymore, due to him being captured by the reservists in the bushes.

The above paragraph isn't rock solid evidence, I know, but it does conform with what many other soldiers I've talked to have told me - the Americans have numbers and weapons, but are pretty light on the actual soldiering skill.

2. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I really don't know where you got that from. I've never been horribly afraid of Saddam, or any other dictator except for you Jar, but I do feel terrible when I hear of mass murders and torture going on, whether it be on the other side of the globe, or next door to me.

Sounds like you almost answered your own argument, at least partially. Unless you guys have dealt personally with American forces, I think claims of them being under-trained is hogwash. Of course there's going to be a British colonel saying how displeased he is with American tactics and whatnot. One thing to keep in mind is that the media hunt people like this down. The media passed by hundreds of Aussie and British officers who have been simply amazed at the level of training and precision our boys display, just to find one frumpy officer who's either got a personal vendetta, or who knows what. One officer, Jar. One.

You say Americans have numbers and weapons, but no soldiering ability. There were 1,000 American troops on the armored strike into Baghdad. They killed thousands of hostile Iraqis. This "Thunder Run" is still being praised as a bold, skillful maneuver which vastly shortened the length of the overall campaign, and no doubt saved many Iraqi lives that would have been lost to a stand off, intangible battle-front.

Hell. We could argue this forever. We neither have experience with combat or the skill of certain troops. All I can say is that Americans (along with Brits, Aussies, others) did what was said could not be done. We'll be bogged down and lose vast numbers of lives, was the dissenting cry. Huh. In their face, with disgrace.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I seriously doubt that statement :).

Yes we could. You up for a long series of spinning bullshit, or you want to agree to disagree?

4. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I'll agree to disagree on one condition. The condition is that you agree that by this:

you were referring to both parties involved.

*goes off to find something dead to have sex with*

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well I'm going to have to disagree with you on that :).

6. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Fine. For pete's sake¹, everything I've spouted is pure shit, but your arguments are right on. American soldiers can't, er, soldier. It's a wonder the silly country is even considered the most powerful in the world. 8)

¹Something I've always wondered, who the fuck is Pete?

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I was going to say the world's biggest scapegoat, but he's not really being blamed for anything, so I'll go with the world's foremost cause.

8. Riciky

Riciky New Member

eh, sorry if that came off as an attack on U.S troops. it was more an attack on bush and his sending our kids off to die needlessly.

i mean, i don't see the U.S threatening Saudi Arabia, and their regime is pretty fucking tyranical. just they happen to invest billions of dollars into U.S business.

or korea, the ones with actual nukes.

but no, saddam tried to kill bush's daddy, let's goto iraq. that's just how i see it. arguments over anyway it seems. agree to disagree and all that.

9. Baal

Baal New Member

And what do you expect us to do, go to war with every threat or annoyance at one time, starting WW3.

Besides who would you declare war on the people who invest in your country, the people who could blow up your country, or the jack ass that tried to kill your father?

10. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I'd put all my resources into eliminating scum like you.

11. Baal

Baal New Member

Well good luck. I fear my gecko more than you.

12. Wolf

Wolf New Member

That's good. I'm glad you realised I wasn't threatening you. Dumbass

13. Baal

Baal New Member

Well then specify next time you just say “you”, I posted before you so I assumed you where talking to me.

14. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Once again, you're a dumbass. I was talking to you, but it wasn't a threat.

15. Baal

Baal New Member

Ahhhhhhhhhh… I’ve gone and gotten in one of those pointless arguments with wolf.

Bloody moron can’t he ever start a real argument.

Wolf you can kiss my dog’s ass, then I will choke you with a live cricket.

16. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Ahhhhhhhh...I've lured Baal into proving what an utter waste of life he is.

Bloody moron. Can't he ever use proper punctuaton?

Baal, just because I CAN kiss your dog's ass, doesn't mean that I would. You don't have the intellectual capacity to comprhend the many ways that I could counter-act your strangling attempt.

17. Baal

Baal New Member

I don’t care.

Why the hell am I still posting, I’m signing off now.

18. Wolf

Wolf New Member

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Maybe it's the lack of a proper brain in your head.

20. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I think it's all the people projecting their flaws onto me, so they have a scapegoat for all their self-loathing. I feel somehow devoid of a true identity.

Our Host!