What I wanna see

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by BlackAssailant, May 25, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. BlackAssailant

BlackAssailant New Member

I wanna see 2 games in one package: One in the Age of Legends (no tech) and one about 150 years or so after the first Arcanum (no magic).
    Then, have lots more tech schems and spells, and have you go to the Void or some other sort of other plane, and there encounter the other end of the magic/tech scale in the form of other travelers from the other time period. Then, it's either war or try to join (with potentially cataclysmic results). Then fight someone/something, like maybe something that mind-controlled Khergan while he was over in the afterlife, developing that "everything else is an illusion" philosophy.
    Although, the after-arcanum world could cause problems, cause some people might've finished the game with Celadon and Cumbria at war, or helping Khergan.

2. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

3. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

One thing I'd like to see is renovation of NPC's...say you kill a shopkeeper in a town....well then after a certain period of time....say a few weeks or so....a NEW shopkeeper takes his place. Same goes for guards, and even regular villagers...that way it looks more like a real community as opposed to just having a set population.

Jobs - though this might work better in a multiplayer scenario...I like the idea of working as a city guard or waiter or barman or shopkeeper assistant. You can earn a salary, plus pick up on certain trainings free of cost (Haggle, Gamble, Melee, etc...) You could get free healing and maybe even more discounts at stores. BUUUUUUUT you would have to WORK....showing up late brings about a fine...repeated offenses cause to get fird and permanent negative reaction from some characters. Failing your duties might even get you arrested....which brings me to my next idea...

Arrested/Imprisonment: I'd like to see a feature added where if you're caught doing something naughty and are seen by the gaurds, then you go on a sort of trial. There lots could happen:

- You can be fined, you might be able to HAGGLE it down.

- You can try to PERSUADE the judge to go easy on you

- You can Insult the judge and get your ass thrown in prison.

- You can choose to serve time, and be released after a while. Or you might have been smart and had one of your followers wait for you somewhere and he can try to break you out!!!

- You can be summarily executed in public (this would rock).

- Being in prison might be, depending on where you are, an interesting way to get information, learn things, maybe even get items or quests.

- Obviusly, your criminal record would stick to you like flies on crap, so repeated offenses mean greater pusnihments.

- Each twon could have its own set of laws....for example....littering (droping an ietm on the groud) might be a crime punishable by fine or jail in some towns. Getting drunk might also be one too.

4. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

No thank, you consider that Taranat's prison is the "Isle of Dread" I don't consider any of the follwers smart enought to break you out, and the only to get there is part of the current plot line, sound like a good way to end game.

5. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Jobs sure would be cool, but probably far too repeative and a too easy way to get money.

Oh I'll be a carpenter, I'll go out in the woods, attack a tree, use my saw on it and repeat.

Plus it'd bee alot of more work to do while making the game.

6. Pik

Pik New Member

Jobs already exist in base Arcanum - have you never played a techie, who searches trash bins and junk dealers for components for high quality hand crafted weapons and armor and then sells his products in the nearest shop? It's a great way to earn lots of cash in big cities.
    What I'd like is changing the schematic rules. Why EVERY device, that can be constructed only needs 2 components? And why do they have to be diffrent (ie. would it be wrong if pure ore was made out of 3 pieces of normal ore?).

7. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

that sounds great but i don`t think the producers will implement that it`s to complex ... the aging think and job think will probably be implemented

8. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

and what i want to see in the new arcanum is that someone in your party is a member of the other side u are fighting against and he will try to kill at the end ... and another matter .... u could send members of your party to do a certain task in a city...and stuff like that

9. BlackAssailant

Uhh, that's already in Arcanum, the gnome guy who can join you in Dernholm attacks you after going to the Dark Elves' home if you go good (don't know about if you go bad), and I think the Torian-Ka guy (or whatever his name is, just started playing again and haven't met him yet in my current game) attacks you if you go anti-Kherghan at the end.

10. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I don't like the idea because there was plenty of technology in the age of legends, amongst the dwarfs and in Vendegroth.

11. BlackAssailant

It doesn't have to be the age of legends in the histories, perhaps going back to just after the Elves were created (an extremely long time ago).

12. EyeOfFire

EyeOfFire New Member

I don't like the idea of having 'Just tech' pr 'just magic' - then you just recreate other games like icewindale or harbinger, having both technology and magic is what made arcanum interesting.

If you were to follow that route however, I would make it so that technology or magic exists, just not in society - they hate it - and you are socially unaccepted (say that humans spread and decide to reak genocide against magical beings - going a mage would be an interesting idea then.) Or being a technological being in a place such as quintarra - the result would be the same.

Our Host!