Making armour - will it fit a Dwarf?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Grunt, Jun 28, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grunt

Grunt New Member

Hi there - fairly new to Arcanum, I'm playing a dwarven technologist and I've got to the point where if I point a couple more points into smithy I'll be able to make a suit of armour - what I want to know before I do this is:

What size will the suit of armour be? Will it be small so that I can wear it or will it be a waste of time?

Also are there any places I can go where small armour is more common? I'm having a real job finding much.

Ta muchly..

Grunt

2. Icairus

Icairus New Member

It's hard to find non-medium size armor. Small armor is easier than large, though.

I think that one of the ingredients will be a suit of armor that is going to be upgraded, and if you use a small one, your new improved armor will be small.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Armor should fit, as long as you use small components while making it. You'll need Leather Armor to make the Elite Platemail, and as long as you make it from a small suit of it, it should fit your bearded little runt just fine.

Well, there are plenty of it at the Wheel Clan (all the guards). Also, there's a dwarven smith in Caladon who wears a suit of Machined Platemail. Although, what's probably the best small armor in the game can be found at the Iron Clan...

4. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

Just use the size leather you wear,note it must be leather not guard. for electro armour you will need basic plate in your size.(a real b*tch if your a half orge). The same applies to healing jacket in electrical stream.

5. Grunt

Grunt New Member

Thank you all kindly - I just didn't want waste time making stuff if I couldn't use it

6. Arronax

Arronax New Member

When i create my ultrastrong ogre guy i never find anything better than studded leather but in my other games i find tons of large armours.

Half elves are best woohee

Our Host!