Botched quest help please

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Grey, Jun 25, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grey

Grey New Member

I have three botched quests and one mentioned quest. When I play through my second time, I want to have a perfect record, so:

Botched

1. "Delores Beston wants you to steal Madame Toussande's crystal ball" - I sided with Toussande, and gave Beston the hexed crystal ball, not realizing it would show as a botch. I play a good guy, so I don't think I want to side with Beston (am I wrong?). Can I go to Toussande first and still get the quest somehow, and/or not have it show up as botched? Is there any way to circumvent the botched rating but still complete the quest in a good-aligned fashion?

2. "Tell the Wheel Clan of Thorvald's incarceration on the Isle of Despair" - I guess I got this when I talked to Thorvald, but who was I supposed to talk to at the Wheel Clan? I don't recall getting an option for it. I MAY have killed Thorvald for his spectacles - not sure - would that have botched the quest?

Mentioned

"Edward Willoughsby wants you to convince Farad's advisors that Caladon should join the Unified Kingdom" - at no point did Willoughsby offer me a chance to be on the panel of advisors - and when I try to talk to them or click on the pulpit in the Caladon palace, I get nothing - Farad will not mention it either. I tried both accepting and declining Henrick Jenks offer to assassinate Farad, but I can't meet his guy in the Caladon kitche without being on the advisory panel first...
    I will simply avoid talking to willoughsby if necessary, but if there's a way to actually complete the quest, please tell me.

Thanks!

2. Silpion

Silpion New Member

You cannot get all quests marked green. Sometimes there is no option but to choose a side. The only solution would be if you know exactly the NPC which gives you the other quest. Then you could whack him to pieces before you get the second quest. :roll:

Willoughsby's Quest to convince Caladon to join the Unified Kingdom ist the master quest for persuasion. You can accept it if you are already an expert and your persuasion level is high enough to become a master.

Actually this quest is a good example of opposing quests:
    After you have spoken to Willoughsby another man will give you a quest to assassinate the King of Caladon. You can avoid talking to this NPC and skip the opposing quest but there is no way to get and do the assassination quest without botching Willoughsby's quest.

3. Icairus

Icairus New Member

There is no way to get a perfect record besides using a half-ogre who is so stupid he never gets any quests.

You did Madame Toussade the way you want to. The other way you get cursed. Not a good thing.

You must have killed Thorvald, or the guy you were supposed to tell. But much more likely it was Thorvald.

Willousby is the master persuasion quest.

4. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Believe me, you made the right choice. If you did it the other way, you would end up cursed, with -1 charisma.

Most likely. I mean, why would you tell the Wheel Clan where Thorwald is if they would go there and find out that you killed him? ;)
    Normally, you mention Thorval to the guards at the entrance to the Wheel Clan.

Talk to him when you have 5 points in Persuasion.

5. Grey

Grey New Member

Updates:

Found and killed the real Stillwater Giant...
    Did not do the Beston/Toussande quest (it would've been the only "botched" quest for me this time)...
    Successfully completed the persuasion mastery test...
    Took Thorvald with me when I left the Isle, thus getting his glasses and never having a quest to tell of his incarceration (he's a free man)...

Thanks again for all your help!

Our Host!