Mnura coins and other artifacts

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by dynamo, Jun 4, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. dynamo

dynamo New Member

What do I do with the following:

Mnura coins

Gem of Malech Wrench (the one in the Ashbury cemetary)

Bessie Toone's boot (kept it)

Shovel

gems (rubies, emaralds, diamonds etc)

Any help would be good.

Thanks

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Offering to one of the gods , part of the Gods quest. Want to know more about the quest, make a search.

Quest item. Didn't find any use for it later in the game. I usually leave it to Geoffrey, just in case

You can trade it for information to Risteeze in Shrouded Hills early in the game, or sell it to the freak show keeper (Parnell's) in Tarant.

For digging, obviously. Digging what, you ask? Oh, you know. Graves and objects that are dug into the ground. There's a few quests that require that.

Some are offerings to gods as part of God's quest (rubies, black diamonds). The Cathorn crystal is for making certain spectacles. The rest are for sale.

3. dynamo

dynamo New Member

I tried digging up graves but it didn't work. Do you "use" the shovel and then click on a headstone or something??

I killed Geoffrey cos I wanted to keep the gem as I am necromantic black as one of my spell groups and thought it may be good but it hasn't done much for me yet.

Thanks for all the rest though.

4. Solaris

Solaris New Member

There are specific graves and sites you can dig. They look different from other graves, try pointing your mouse at them.
    The Elven gravestone you have to bring to Cassandra Pettibone, for example, has to be dug out before you can place it into your inventory.
    Striny Pete's treasure has to be dug out.
    The graves of Victor Misk and his father have to be dug as part of the main quest.

To me neither. Rumor has it that the gem has a beneficial effect on black necro spells, but it hasn't been confirmed yet, to my knowlege.

5. dynamo

dynamo New Member

I haven't been playing long but there isn't a chance that you can combine it with a weapon in a diablo-esque stll of thing is there? oh. That reminds me how do I use things with "magik power availible" such as the mage's dagger etc??

6. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Nope.

You don't. "Magick power avaliable" is the degree to which you receive the bonuses of the item depending on how high your MA is. "Magick power avaliable 100%" means that a sword 1-10 (+4) deals 5-14 damage in your hands. "Magic power avaliable 0%" means that the same sword deals only the basic 1-10.

Some weapons have special abilities like additional Mana for casting your spells (it appears in a small window on the left of your screen as a blue number), or spells you can cast off the weapon even if you do not have them learned (which you can see by the little circle to the left of the EXP bar changing its color when the weapon is equipped and opening spell selection when clicked on). Try equipping yourself with a Shaman's stuff to try the spells feature, and with a Mage's dagger for added mana feature. Mage's stuff has both features. Stillwater Blade is unique as it has only one built-in spell, but it can be cast unlimited number of times.

7. aquestionmarkperson

aquestionmarkperson New Member

yeah, and there are weapons like the screaming scimitar that allow you to throw a certain number of spells. Hey, is there any way to restore that amount once its gone???

8. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

Rechargable? I don't think so.
    Stillwater Blade has infinite summons, though.

9. dynamo

dynamo New Member

Is the stillwater blade any good though?

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    As a weapon in itself, nope. There are plenty of better blades. But the critter it summons is nasty. :)

11. DEATH AT THE DOOR

It was the weapon I finished the game with. I still think that the Stillwater blade unbalances the game so I am now avoiding it.

12. Solaris

Solaris New Member

It is :) If you have a Stillwater Blade, MA100 and INT20, you don't need any fighting skills or party. And there definitely is no need to study Summoning.

13. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Oh, I know that! I was speaking of its qualities as a melee weapon. :)

The summoning ability though, if you excuse my leet speak, totally pwns, even more so when you have 20 INT and can have five of them. Combat will be nothing but a coffee break.

14. DEATH AT THE DOOR

"The summoning ability though, if you excuse my leet speak, totally pwns, even more so when you have 20 INT and can have five of them. Combat will be nothing but a coffee break."

That's the point, my friend. It becomes TOO easy.
    In fact, I often find myself in Arc wondering if I should restart as a weaker char: I should've never gotten that No Levelcap since I just entered Quintarra and I am level 45. The poor yetis never saw what hit 'em and the Stillwater Giant had a good taste of my mechanical dagger.
    And I thought playing a techie Assassin would be more difficult...

15. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Well yes. Arcanum is sort of unbalanced enemies wise. Too few nasty spellcasters, too few electricity based attacks, too few surprise attacks and ambushes. Makes many of the skills and items all but useless. Who, pray tell, needs Electrical armour, if no one attacks you with electrical weapons?

The truly disappointing thing is how weak- and unguarded- Kerghan is. I am totally convinced that THIS is where Stringy Pete's band of tough skeletons is supposed to make an appearance.

Our Host!