Best and favorite weapons

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Bozos of Bones, Jan 5, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

2. DM's Bane

DM's Bane New Member

Favourite weapons

Magick:Filament Sword.
    Teck: Tesla rod.
    The filament sword is ultra satisfying with its magnificent zombie decapitating action and wolf-halving abilities.
    As for the tesla rod it makes a well satisfying zap noise :p .

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Ugh, my filament sword is broken beyond repair, thanks to an abundance of golems in the BMC mines. I abandoned that one early in the game. I think there is more than one available, but it doesnt matter because pyrotechnic axes are the bees knees.

Thats just for my npcs anyway.

The blade launcher and droch's warbringer are definitly my favorite weapons so far. I used to use the tesla gun, but its not really worth getting all the way to the tesla coil schematic, plus that gun sucks up charges. After I read Solaris' thread I actually restarted from a save point where I was only 2 degrees into the electrical thing, and reinvested all those points into charisma along the way.

Charisma and persuasion are now my absolute favorite weapons.

4. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

Gun: The Looking Glass Rifle (unpatched)

Melee Magic: That Scimitar found in the void.

Melee Teck: Pyro Axe (well duh! :roll: )

Bow Magic: Ellyumens bow

Bow tech: Poison Bow

Throwing magic: Azrams star

Throwing Tech: Aerial Decapitator

5. darkllama

darkllama New Member

i like azram's star for throwing, and i like to use arcane stuff if i am a mage.

if i am a gunslinger, i will use thae repeater rifle, for its speed

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Repeater Rifle? You must not have played through the game very far as a Gunslinger...

Repeater Rifles are the pits. You should at least get the Sharpshooter's pistol if you want speed.

7. Nervestaple

Nervestaple New Member

I really like the Sword of Sickness. It's kind of sucky, but.. Atleast you can get it early, and it looks pretty good.

8. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

My favorite weapon has to be the Molotov Cocktails. Hundreds and Hundreds of Molotov Cocktails. It's so much fun just throwing those things around. The only problem is I can never get far in the game like that.

9. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

I always use a lot of Molotov Cocktails, too, but I generally use them along with a chackram and get the best one I can. The Molotovs are great for thinning out groups or backing them off, but the chackrams are better for sniping at singles from long range. I've found that the katana is a really good backup weapon for when you are stuck in a crowd and have run out of Molotovs, if you invest at least a couple of points in melee and get training. I usually carry it on my belt so it doesn't take up any real room in my pack and is quickly accessible.

10. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Arcane Great Sword is good as long as you have the adequate strength to weild it. I don't see the point of spending half your character points towards getting a weapon. I really don't like character's that are dependent on a weapon or item to survive.

Oh, and if you want to edit some weapon proto's then use the Arcanum Weapon editor.

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Please, nothing is as fun as roaming about with a ST score of 20 or more. And a character with maxed Strength isn't dependant on a certain weapon anyway, since they just come around as tools to apply the damage bonus with.

12. Solaris

Solaris New Member

More like the tools to achieve higher speed of applying this damage bonus. Because if it wasn't for the speed factor, you could well apply it with your bare hands and Vendigrothian Gauntlets.
    Besides, I believe that the Pyro Axe is a nice addition regardless of the damage bonus :)

13. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I have a Monk character who doesn't use any weapons whatsoever. He get's things done fine. Of course, his speed is at 100 (courtesy of an edited Background), but still. He also does not wear armor, but has a damage resistance of 50%. A high damage resistance is not a replacement for good armor, though.

14. Orcish_Blood

Orcish_Blood New Member

best weapon

The best weapon in the whole game is the Bengallian Sourge for the fact that it can:
    -never be harmed or destroyed
    -casts random harm or quench life spells on target
    -has poison attack
    -has a fairly high physical damage (around 25 I think)
    -fairly good speed (when you are a aster at elee)
    I am using it and I have a total of 33 attak.
    My favourite shield is the force shield which deals electric damage (1-10) to the target on top of all metioned above
    (The first time I used this sword instead of destroying it, my alignment went -40)

15. Quartz

Quartz New Member

My absolute favorite is FORCE DESINTEGRATE! (I usually play as a mage and don't use any weapons but offensive magick)
    Well, if you mean material weapon, than it should be pyrothechnic axe. Well, everyone likes pyrotechnic axe..
    Among the bows it's Ellumyn's bow. It has fantastic rate of fire (try it in real time combat and see for yourself).
    And firearms.. Well IMO firearms suck in general, but mechanized gun is not much worse than Ellumyn's bow :)

16. explosion

explosion New Member

Rapier, for it's style. I guess it's not useful on higher levels, but I haven't been there yet.

17. Ephetat

Ephetat New Member

ANYTHING that allows me to backstab is fine. Right now I am a backstab expert, using a katana (3-12 dmg) and with Stun, I have hit a hellgate demon for 150 damage - that is my highest so far.

I can't even imagine it with a more powerful weapon (pyro axe?), because then i'd probably hit for 200-250. :)

18. dynamo

dynamo New Member

I'm having great fun with an elven bow, but I can't find any of the right guys to train me as expert in it!! It annoys me. I tried having a mage's dagger as backup but then gave up as soon as I got harm and disarm as people find it hard to fight with their fists against 2 gurdian orges an alf bow/mage and virgil with an envenowed sword (he doesn't do much just caries stuff).

Broadswords look nice and the bow of Fear looks EVIL but it didn't do much for me so I sold it.

19. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Hmmm... imagine a 24 ST Half-Ogre master backstabber/melee with the Axe of Lost Time performing a backstab. Now that would probably hurt.

20. dynamo

dynamo New Member

Is there a bow better than this one -

[​IMG]

(Ellumyn's bow)

I currently have the Eleven hunter's bow and can;t find anything better. ANy ideas?? Also can I upgrade my arrows in anyway possible?

Our Host!