Random events

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by dynamo, May 25, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. dynamo

dynamo New Member

i always get kicked when going even shortish distanes on foot i.e Tarrant to Durnholm cos of the random events and golden bears or bandits or wolves how do I deal with them it's damn annoying getting all the way to Tarrant from the Shroued hills at the begining only to get attacked by 2 orcs on the doorstep and killed!

2. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

do you have any followers?, any point's indodge/ melee?, or even the harm spell? (as long as you're not using chris beddoes mod). Get sogg if you can and use him as buffer between you and the bad guys to soften them up for you to finish.

3. dynamo

dynamo New Member

I have little melee and no dodge (i'm only level 6) and Sogg doesn't jopin me I need more Charisma but I want to try and get better at the actual skills before the stats go up. Trouble is that I can't seem to get levels as I get killed so often so I'm trying to get stuff that is useful for me (lockpick and haggle are my main things at the moment). I made a balanced sword and just could not score a hit and so gave it to Virgil and now he seems to kill all before I get there (or die).

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Well, you could always try to change the difficulty in the options menu... or switch combat mode. I take it that you're playing real time right now, you should try turn based, it tends to make things easier. Simply press the Space button to alternate between combat modes. :)

5. dynamo

dynamo New Member

6. BlackAssailant

BlackAssailant New Member

why don't you have any dodge? I always increase that at the same rate as melee.

7. Nervestaple

Nervestaple New Member

You could try to outrun your enemies. Just pick a direction and run like crazy. Eventually, you will get enough distance between yourself and your enemy to click the world map and continue your journey. Another idea might be to stop your journey from time to time and save. Then if you die, just reload and try again. If you get attacked on the same spot, try to change your path a little, and you should get in safe after a few tries.

8. Solaris

Solaris New Member

My fighters are usually too fast to even need dodge. Potions of Haste rule.

Our Host!