affinity changes...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by xaint, Apr 27, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. xaint

xaint New Member

i noticed the tech/magic bar thingy changes through time. what causes it? i know when yah learn schematics yah get a little points to tech and visa versa. does equipping eq affect it?

2. xento

xento New Member

As far as I know, equipment won't change it, no. Although I think that carrying tech manuals does.

It changes according to the technologies/spells you learn, and it is also affected by your lockpicking and guns skill. Repair may even alter it toward technology a bit.

3. xaint

xaint New Member

carrying and not actually using it affects it? that sucks...

4. xento

xento New Member

Do you mean the tech manuals?

As far as I know, you can't really use them. They're just junk, except they raise your tech skill.

5. xento

xento New Member

You should try getting the 1074 patch. It is the latest one.

6. trobs

trobs New Member

Spending a point on a skill that is techy, or learning a schemtatic, raises your tech quotient. Spending a point on a spell goes the other way, towards higher MA. I believe two spells is about equal to three techies.

Using a schematic, carrying something, using spells, all these have no effect.

BUT: there are a few exceptions, like the dark helm (IIRC) which increses your MA when you put it on.

AND: Your current location can temporarily vary your MA/Tech value quite a bit, as some places are more or less magical.

When I first played the game, I assumed I wold not be allowed to spend a CP on a skill unless I practiced it first. Well, that seemed to make sense!

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    No, that's wrong. Every point invested in spells results in a +5 increase towards magick, while technological skills alternate between 5 and 6 towards technology.

Our Host!