Attack of the Angry Ugly Latin Communist Sorority

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rosselli, Apr 22, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I've discovered how much I like Rammstein (a lot) in the past couple of days.

2. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

I have to say that I know nothing of any of these bands you have mentioned, I'm just going to stand here and nod agreeingfullyful. :)

3. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Rammstein is the most angry and badass-sounding band I've ever experienced. My elitest music freind Jonas hates them with a passion, but I like them.

4. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

Hello Sigurd, now you start the thread with one of the worst posts ever, and end it with a perfect example of someone who grew up in his momies little shelter - Rammstein the most angry badass-sounding band you ever experienced? damn you must have missed out on a lot.

I wish that was all but let me clear things up a bit, as looking on your previous post this might be in order.

If you want the "most" badass and angry you should try some grindcore noise, something to feast on and endure, not shake your fat/little arse around to while you fail to see the parody that is rammstein, a parody they hardly tries to hide. Now if they are good thats an other thing to ponder, and something I would answer with - at rare points and in small doses, just like above mentioned whitenoise grindcore. But they are neither badass or hard unless humor is your cup of tea when deciding such things.

5. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

GRINDCORE!!!! Me Gusto Grindcore, but there are a lot of really angry, intense "hardcore," or "screamo," or "emo-violence," bands out there. I don't know what to call anything anymore, I think "hardcore" is the only genre definition that didn't start out as a joke.

Saetia. (Venus and Bachus is one of my favorite songs ever)

Kodan Armada. (so is "The Butterfly Effect")

Orchid.

The Locust.

6. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

grindcore noise, not grindcore - even if grindcore packs way more punch then rammstein, but you can actually listen to grindcore for hours, even sleep to it.

now grindcore noise is something else.

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

What do I have to do to get some band names up in this bitch?

I don't really think I could sleep to the Locust, or Orchid though...

8. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Never heard of any of the bands that were mentioned in this thread. I don't listen to any current music. Simon and Garfunkel continues to be my favorite, and Seals and Croft second. But none of yall probly have ever heard of those. Haha.. Makes me feel obsolete. ;)

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

No no, my love of Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, Harry Chapin, etc, at the age of 4 is directly related to my love of the bands I listen to now.

I guess thats just what happens when you're 5 years old and you think the Sound Of Silence is the greatest song ever writted, and that opinion is based on the lyrics.

10. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

you don't give away tresures like that to others SJ - you are ment to search for them yourself.

but in grindcore I mostly listen to Nasum, the dillinger escape plan, Napalm Death or good old carcass.

...and the only other guitarbased metal I care for is deathmetal, progg hardcore aka refused and then good old trash.

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

GOD DAMMIT! I HATE YOU!

You're acting just like the guys that got me into the pinkerton thugs and a couple of those other bands. They would play these songs and I'd love it and they wouldnt even abbreviate the band name for me.

Oh well, time to google Grind Noise.

12. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

Rammestien is a hella good band, what's really interesting, is to convert the lyrics, they are both disturbing and interesting. :lol: :D :lol:

13. Aries Shion

Aries Shion New Member

I like Stratovarius and Atylantos quite a lot. Most of the rap, ghetto shit doesn't do jack for me, cept for gangsta's paradise. I like most things cept Panamanian Reggae, Panamanian Folk Music and Britney Spears. Classical, Charlie Daniels, Doobie Brothers, like the whole lot of them but I'm kind of learning to like Elvis and Charlie Daniels...anybody know good songs from those two?

14. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

why does every topic turn into either a war about how stupid wolf/sleek/who the fuck knows is, or a discussion of music?

15. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

I'm listening to Rammstein right now, it helps my german and sounds mad.

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Watching (or listening) people to people who could be considered elitist in some area (say music, art or drama) is both funny and sobering. Listening to them nitpick is great entertainment, but it also highlights how little you know.

That said, my musical horizons have definitely broadened because of musical elitists, so they're not all bad. Just dangerously obsessed :D.

17. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I was kidding. Rammstein is not a very good band, but I just like to listen to them every so often because the angry German amuses me. Being a fan of complex music, long guitar solos and instrumentals, I can't really listen to that kind of industrial-metal-fill in the blanks with a synthesizer stuff for too long. I've heard much more angry bands than that, but angry isn't the point - for me it's the skill of the music.
    You're just jealous that I almost got into a fight with a bunch of fat chicks.

I must admit I have trouble distinguishing one hard music genre from another, especially when so many bands switch from one to the other. Such as hardcore and metalcore. Sure, they are different, but it would take a few minutes of listening to both to realize which is which, unlike metalcore and hair metal. Yeah, and the Dillinger Escape Plan rules, amazingly hard. The show where they set their drumset on fire was awesome, although I only saw it on video. My brother-in-law made a shirt with the flaming drums on it for my six-yearold sister.
    That's exactly what I was talking about. I don't own any of Rammstein's CDs, and I will never buy one.

Our Host!