Unresistible spell problem

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Marianna, Apr 27, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Marianna

Marianna New Member

When I write a script with an unresistible spell (You know - cast an unresostible spell and so omn) it doesn't work at all. But the same script only with the "normal" spell works perfectly. Is os a bug of the SockMonkey ( :x :x )? And if it is, does it mean that the spell that is casted is unresistible or not? :-x

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Hang on, my brain is trying to remember something...

Hrm.. I'm pretty sure I had an issue with this at some stage. There are about 4 different script options that do the same/similar thing I think. Lemme check...

Ok.

- cast spell (num) on (obj) *
    - cast unresistable spell (num) on (obj) *
    - have (obj) cast free and unresistable spell (num) on (obj) *
    - have (obj) cast free spell (num) on (obj) *
    - have (obj) cast spell (num) on (obj) *
    - have (obj) cast unresistable spell (num) on (obj) *

I think there was an issue that it only cast the spell at the level of the NPC casting it (I *think*) so in the end, I tried "have (obj) cast unres spell (where obj was the NPC casting the spell / attachee) and I think that worked.

Muck around with the 6 and see what differences there are.

3. darkllama

darkllama New Member

oh, one time, I was trying to make a thing cast a spell, so I put a number for a spell, but it didn't do the spell I wanted, so I went back and double-checked my spell number, and it was right, so I tried it again, and it didn't work, so I triple checked it, but it was still correct.

what could be the problem???

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

re

try for another script that does prety much hte same thing is my guess.

5. Marianna

Marianna New Member

In my case neither of unresistible spell scripts worked, only those with normal cast a spell. That should be enough, but I'm not sure, if those scripts will work the way I want them to, on let's say every NPC. Thanks everybody for response anyway. :p :p :p

6. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

All you can do is try and test. Make an NPC who gives a shedload of XP to the PC so you can level up. Then go and try it.

Our Host!