Can you make a 100 x 120 pixel .gif image?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by DarkUnderlord, Apr 18, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Baal

Baal New Member

Well I see we have a new competitor.

Hay DU you still out there.

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Well, for starters, our motto is "the World of Troika Games" so...

I don't like any of them actually. If you want a background colour, stick with the colours the site uses already. The brownish tones. I'd also have the man with a gun zoomed in more, like he is in my attempt.

... and this is the best so far. If you fix the motto up and change the TA logo a bit. I think the current colours you're using for the gears are great. Using them for the "TA" though makes the TA blend in too much. Look at making the TA different so that it stands out a bit.

Another thought I had was to make a series of gears. Even if they're only partially being shown and the rest is off-screen. But a series of gears interlocking, with a slightly different styled/font for "TA". The font used down the bottom is good.

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I just want to jump in and say that you should still leave the T-A looking like gears, and I think the best way to distinguish them would be to make them look rusty, then they could still be the same type of thing as thye are nnow, only instead theyd be slightly reddish, and would distinguish themselves from the gear.

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in...

Do they owe us a living? Of course they do! Of course they do!

4. xento

xento New Member

I'll see what I can do. Of course, as you can see, the gear is made such so that it's teeth really wouldn't interlock very well, because the teeth aren't as wide as the area between them.

EDIT: How's this:
    [​IMG]

I didn't use the old background I had previously had on it, because it looked kinda wierd. I could change it back if you want, though.

5. DarkUnderlord

The colours are better. The background is better than before. I mean, overall it looks nice. It lacks something though. Needs some identity. The thing I like about the guy with the gun is it kinda gives the site a presence.

In short, it looks good, but I dunno.

6. Baal

Baal New Member

7. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Matah, THAT is fucking slick. Sleek even.

Way to go.

9. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Thanks, I hope DU likes it. I've wanted a custom avatar for a long time. :)

10. Baal

Baal New Member

Well… I’m still working on the zoom in, but I thought I would post another one with the background of the sight on it.

[​IMG]

Dose somebody know of a good program I might use to draw in, preferably one that can be downloaded.

11. DarkUnderlord

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Same as xento's. It looks kinda nice, but lacks something. As I said before, the thing about the guy with the gun is it's something other than two giant letters (TA). See how the others have some sort of personality? That's what I'm after.

12. xento

xento New Member

[​IMG]

I can made any adjustments you like. I based it on the top-right forum link image here at the forums.

The T-A was really added pretty much just to take up space, since the actual part I was working in, the plate at the top, didn't fill it all up.

Also, on the area around the terra-arcanum name/logo plate, you may notice small areas thet look a little darker or lighter than the rest around the bolts. That is intentional; it is meant to be a metal plate.

13. DarkUnderlord

Now that's getting somewhere. There's a bit more to it. Drop the TA though and move the plate (and attached gears and metal) down to the bottom of the image. Look at making the words easier to read (a light brown colour perhaps, or even white or a dark grey?). Then think of something to put in the top part of the image.

A gun and sword crossing? The man jumping with a gun? Dunno, muck around and see what you come up with. That's really good though.

14. xento

xento New Member

[​IMG]

I sat, just thinking of what to possibly add to the top for nearly an hour. This is what I came up with.

15. DarkUnderlord

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    The words are good. They're a lot clearer to read now. However, you flipped the plate upside down. I think it'd be better if it was at it is in the original, just moved to the bottom. I say no on the burnt paper look image unless you can make it the entire background, and not just the top part.

16. explosion

explosion New Member

17. DarkUnderlord

... and explosion explodes onto the scene out of nowhere with an interesting take. Of everything submitted so far, I have to say that's the best. The only critiscism I have about it is the font. It's not as "rigid" as the font used on the site in other places. It's more of a flowing font than the news type font we use. Probably needs "the World of Troika Games" on it somewhere too. I like it though.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. xento

xento New Member

19. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

EXPLOSION MADE THAT GAME!!!

Holy christ! I played that on newgrounds like 3 years ago! I cant believe he's a member of this forum now, how fucking awesome !

20. DarkUnderlord

That looks much better xento. Hrm... decisions, decisions, decisions...

What does everyone else think?

Our Host!