Halcyon's altar bug?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Quartz, Apr 12, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Quartz

Quartz New Member

Ok, I guess everyone knows of this bug. You come to Vooriden, accept a quest to fix the Halcyon's altar for whatever purpose you have in mind, take this Murgo porter imbicelle, spend 2 months of virtual time to get to Torrin's Quarry, pick up that boulder, give it to Murgo to avoid encumberance, go back to Vooriden and report to the priest of completed quest. The alter then looks fine but is still considered broken so you can't make an offering. Bah, it's so annoying.
    My game has 1074 version patch that IS supposed to solve this problem but it doesn't seem to do so.
    Yeah, this problem was discussed on this forum before but I didn't seem to find a remedy there.
    So had anyone had any luck with dealing with this nasty bug?

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Never really had that problem happening. Try having it in your, not Murgo's, inventory when you report back to the monks about completing the quest. Perhaps the reason is that Murgo leaves the party after you do that- and being a dumb ass that he is, he doesn't know he has the boulder?

3. Canis

Canis New Member

Out of curiosity, did you already make the offering to the four minor gods of that circle before trying to offer to Halcyon?

4. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I believe the soltion is
    Doing it as part of the Strigy Pete's quest maywork. I recall having this problem, but whe I did itas part of the String Pete's quest I didn't encounter

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

No Wolf, it should work either way. I did fix the altar before getting the quest from that other place, it doesn't change anything.

6. trobs

trobs New Member

Quartz, Did the priest thank you when you brought the stone back? Do you have any Mods installed? As you may know now, you are experiencing an unusual problem, not a well-known one.

I had a different problem -I brought the stone back and gave it to the priest. The Altar still looked broken, but I was able to get Halcyon''s blessing.

You do not need to carry the stone (instead of Murgo), but you need a lot of space if you want to carry it; it's 8x8 in your inventory.

7. Quartz

Quartz New Member

Well, if it really matters, this time (the first time after installing a patch) I was fixing an altar as a part of Stringy Pete's quest. I didn't make offerings to all of lesser gods in first circle, but I suppose this should only prohibit me from making offering, but not to prohibit me from using the altar and opening that 'inventory' screen. I don't seem to be using any mods that deal with scripts and such..
    Well I get the picture. Experimentation would help..

Our Host!