Town Maps

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by tree1180, Feb 14, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. tree1180

tree1180 New Member

RE

actually, it skips around. It goes from 293 to 306 and alot of other skips. it ends at 393. so its not exactly 400. let me count. It actuall only has 289 images. So.. IT LIED TO ME!! :cry:

2. darkllama

darkllama New Member

wow, you have a lot of free time on your hands.... and maybe your feet, it all depends, really

3. PoEHeavyBlade

PoEHeavyBlade New Member

I think I can actually help with this one(which makes me happy by the way). First of all, open up townmap.mes. You should see a useless default list with little or no explanation. This is supposed to be "user-friendly". It should look like this:

{some number}{some idiot description}
    {some number}{My Town}

Now add a new line:

{some number}{name of your town here}

The some number value should be 1 higher then the one before it (for God's sake, give everything a different value). Arcanum uses this value to identify your town. The name of your town here should be changed to contain the name of your town, but I think you knew this.

Next, go to the top-down mode of your town map. Right Click on a sector. One of the options in the resulting drop-down menu should be something like Town Map (Note: NOT the same as the Generate Town Maps in the main menu bar). If you have done the right thing, you get a perfectly gay-looking (no offence to gays, bla, bla, bla...) purple outline around your sector. Proceed to do this for all the sectors in your town-map (It sure makes you wonder why in God's name you made a 64x64 sector map no?). Then... something should happen. Lol. I think this generates a map for you while you are in any of the purple sectioned sectors - at least it did so for me. Hope this helps.

-PoEHeavyBlade

4. darkllama

darkllama New Member

hey, thanks, HeavyBlade dude! i think that was really helpful! :D

right on, man!

Our Host!