Is there a real Stillwater Giant?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Baal, Mar 22, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Baal

Baal New Member

Really I want to know.

In some of the files I found that there is authentic Stillwater Giant pelt.

Pleas tell me it isn't a skin of that Dammed a blue bunny, but if it is how do you skin it.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yep, there's a real Stillwater Giant allright. It comes around as a random encounter in the Stillwater area once you've done the quest for Myrth. It appears as a harmless blue bunny - you've got to attack it for it to reveal its true form. If you're a goody two-shoes, you better let your followers wait when you attack it, since killing the giant is considered an evil act.

Then you just loot the pelt from the giants corpse. HT Parnell will mark up with 3000 coins for it, unless my memory fails me.

3. Baal

Baal New Member

Is it one of the creatures that won’t attack you after level 50?

4. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

I think it should appear regardless of your level, but if you've already travelled through that area a bunch since doing the quest, I don't think it's going o show up.

5. Baal

Baal New Member

I’ll haft to try running in circles for a wile, I had finished just killed the Dark Elves.

Invisibility and Prowling Master together, so cool.

6. Shahanna

Shahanna New Member

I often see it in the north pass, you might try that or in its cave. What I always wondered was what to do with the thing once you have it in the cage and the professor has laughed at it. Why do I want a blue bunny in a cage?

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I don't think you can do anything with it, but I'm not absolutely certain.

8. Baal

Baal New Member

I found it, and killed it. Didn’t have the cage, if you catch the real one can you do something with it

Second Question.

If you have become an enemy of a city can you change that? Killed the guards to help the orcs as a good deed and look what happened, that’s the last time I help orcs! I started the orc riots and hadn’t saved it for several hours. I am now the enemy of both Tarant and Caladon.

9. Dark Elf

Media:
    Don't think you can actually catch the real giant. You won't have any free cages available, at least I haven't heard of a way to acquire one.

And no, if you've became the enemy of a town, you're stuck with it.

You don't have an autosave prior to the riot perhaps?

10. Some Strange Man

Some Strange Man New Member

Elf, you could get the cage from the guy who wants to catch the SG, but then you could go and steal the amulet of from mryth and get the elf in shrouded hills to tell you where quintarra is. Would that work? Or you could get the cage, then go to HT Parnell's to extract the fake pelt?

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

The real question is can you sneak up on te real stillwateriant without it noticing? That might be impossibly hard, especially if its a random wilderness encounter.

12. Baal

Baal New Member

I ran all around that thing and it ignored me. Until I pulled out the scorg and started beet the crap out of it, then it transformed.

13. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

14. Shahanna

Shahanna New Member

If you talk to the elf in Stillwater he will tell you to get the pelt. Go to the house in the far north of the local map and talk to the guy there, the one the rumors tell you is a local expert on the giant. He will tell you how to trap it. If you have already talked to him and still don't know how to get it then read the spoiler.

The giant (in its bunny form) is in a cave you can reach by following the path behind his house. It goes to the very north of the map, even farther than the house. Save your game before you go in, leave any followers behind, take off your armor to reduce noise and your own scent. When you have gotten to the end of the tunnel go to your invetory and use the cage. The cursor will turn blue like a spell, click on the bunny. Bunny now in cage. I had a fairly high prowling ability when I did that, but I do not know if it is required that you do.

I have not found any use for said bunny in cage though... if you do please tell me!

15. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

ummmm, may be you should re-read the thread. There is a real stillwater giant you can take care of after the quest for myrth is complete, thats the one we're talking about capturing.

16. Dark Elf

Media:
    Also, Shahanna, prowling and stuff is rather inconsequential when it comes to this quest. There's no need to sneak up at the rabbit - make all the noise you desire, you'll still have no problem catching the little bunny.

17. Baal

Baal New Member

That’s just a painted blue rabbit if you haven’t herd. :lol: I’ve attacked it and it never transformed. If its not then how do I make it show it’s self.

18. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I'm not certain, but I believe the pre-requisite for the *Real* Stillwater Giant to appear is that you have completed the "trap the bunny" quest. I trapped the bunny with a low skilled PC and the next encounter was the real Giant.

I think it's made that way for teh funnay.

19. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Could you kill the bunny instead of trapping it, thereby saving the cage?

20. Dark Elf

Media:
    Not likely, because then you wouldn't be able to complete the quest for Myrth, and it seems like it's that, or the capture of the blue bunny that triggers the appearance of the real giant. I'll be sure to check this out though, when I play Arcanum again - but it's not like I'll bother to do that in a few months though.

Besides, you're a horrible person for wanting to kill the sweet and innocent little honey-bunny! Bad Sleek, bad!

Our Host!