Two problems due probably to me being stupid help me please

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The Neil, Mar 18, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Neil

The Neil New Member

hi

ok the first problem is every npc hates virgil and won talk to me until i have him wait so he isnt "in" the group. He isnt wearing any negative reaction stuff so i would like to know why

and the second one is i've been through multiple scenerios with keran kai and still end up having to kill the poachers leading to waromon not joining my team
    (poachers, not the surveyers bothering the elves)
    can some one please help my figure theses things out

thanks
    the neil :-?

2. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

1. NPCs do not react to your followers in any way (except for special prescripted dialogue, which cannot be changed and has no effect on the game)

2. Your Charisma and/or persuasion are not high enough. When they are, you can say you're with Bates and scare them off successfully.

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

You did confuse them with the surveyors at Falcon's ache, after all.

The Neil, in order to solve the Bedokaan quest without killing the poachers you must have a certain level of Charisma and Persuasion (Persuasion expert with full 3 points and CH12, I think, but I'm not sure). Once you qualify, try to persuade Kan Kerai that not all warm bloods are the same and humans are different from elves because elves know magick. If you get the dialog right from there, you should be able to persuade him to let the elf go.

Tip: if you want to both get Waromon and kill the poachers, try talking the way you talked before until you get the quest for killing them. Then quit the conversation, talk to Kan Kerai again and persuade him to relase the elf the way I described. This way, you complete the Bedokaan quest qithout violence, yet you already know the location of the poacher camp. You can then kill them on your way back to Quintarra and grab that Elephant gun they have, or, alternatively, sell the Bedokaan village location to the poachers for 1000 gold and a fate point (in which case Waromon disappears even if he is already in your party).

Our Host!