Funest character to play as?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The Chosen One, Feb 11, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

You are soooooooooooooooooooooo cool! OMG! Your Arcanum cock is sooooo huge!

Um, perhaps you haven't noticed, but we tend to prefer our inane discussions to be conducted with a modicum of intelligence.

Signed,
    HoL Pompous Ass

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Don't fuck with him lab! He's a pick pocket MASTER!!!!!

3. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I was speaking of Erdan, which I created, and there, Elves only live about twice to three times as long as humans (barring magical intervention), who live an average of 150 years anyway. The fertility of Elves refers to their ability to produce offspring reliably, not their ability to produce many in a short time period. The gestation period for an Elf is sixteen months, and giving birth is more painful and potentially fatal than it is with humans, meaning that fewer Elven women are willing to go through it.

4. trobs

trobs New Member

So far, my favotite character is a melee fighter without followers who makes herbs and therapeutics. The techy concoctions are fun to make and give him a big fighting edge. He's speedy and has to use many skills to fight effectively.

5. Vollinger

Vollinger New Member

What's a good starting build for a gunslinger/techie?

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Just remember to keep your PE high and get your firearms skill as high as possible in as short time as possible - preferably, you should be a firearms expert before leaving Shrouded Hills. Other priorities are Gunsmithy and some Strength to carry the bigger guns. Putting points in intelligence is pretty much a waste - you're much better off leaving it at 9 and quaff an essence of intellect when you feel like learning a new schematic.

As for race, dwarf is probably the best, and any background that raises perception is a good start. Miracle Operation makes wonders for the guy that wants to be a sharpshooting master fast, but it will make you a physical wreck... so choose wisely.

7. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Gunsmithy is not necessery. Any guns you may need can be either stolen or taken off dead opponents, or made on the basis of stolen or looted guns. What do Do need is Vollinger for a follower: he can make repeater rifles- basis for many good guns and not a bad weapon in itself, and also charges. I recommend learning Electricity instead of Gunsmithy- then you can build a Tesla Gun and equip your gun toting followers with Tesla rods.

P.S. I also recommend Educator background for a gunslinger. Its the only way to give your gun toting followers an Apprentice status in firearms. VERY worthwhile if you rely on your party in combat.

8. Zoma

Zoma New Member

My Favorite is an elf mage/thrower man i just like to throw those chakrams

9. Arronax

Arronax New Member

The best thing is being a thief thats scared of the dark

10. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

11. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Yeah, a throw mage is a fun character. All you need is the Azram's star and you're set.

12. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

My best character was a Gun Technologist doctrate all ye need is a marksmans rifle a looking glass and yer set fa life!!! :thumbup:

13. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Just get a Droch's Warbringer and you'll really be set. Never did really like the looking glass rifle, I always edited the speed to about 10 or so-can't stand a slow weapon.

14. SilverKing

SilverKing New Member

I liked the Long-Range Pistol for standard combat, and then I used the silenced pistol for killing merchants and people in the towns, and then a heavy weapon like the grenade launcher or the blade launcher if I come across a *serious* foe.

15. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

My Funnest Character:

- Mental Mac: Ugliest, unchraismatic slowest and weakest SOB on the planet. But with High Intelligence and full complement of Meta and Mental and level three Nature (and ONLY those three schools for the entire game). Using the Permanancy trick...take anyone you want as a follower and have them fight for you. My records is 62 followers but the game ran at a snails pace.

- Kleptomaniac - STEAL STEAL STEAL! Pick Pocket mastery and Lock Pick Mastery is a must as you embark on a mission to get your hands on EVERY unique/named item in the game from Arbala's yoke to the Garrinsborough Painting to the Siames Skulls to the POtion of Lycanthropy cure. You can't help it...your fingers itch...STEAL STEAL STEAL.

Our Host!