Velorien can't resurrect me

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by noelcuervo, Mar 2, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. noelcuervo

noelcuervo New Member

I have a serious problem, my character has 100 tech aptitude and when i take Velorien blessing he just can't resurrect me after i die, does anyone have an idea of how could i solve this problem?

Thanks

2. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

So, that means that you did the god's quest? You went through all the steps? Because, if you didn't that's what happens.

3. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

4. trobs

trobs New Member

To be a little clearer:
    (1) We assume you have the 1.0.7.4 patch, a good idea anyway.
    (2) There's a weird wall picture in Tarant that sort of explains the order of offerings. Every single one must be made, and must, at the time, receive a blessing. If you do not want to solve this riddle by yourself, check out the Steve Carter Walkthrough; it's on the web.
    (30 It IS possible to make some offerings out of order and correct them. the walkthroughs explain that also.

If, having made any mistake or omission, you step on Velorien's altar, you're hosed.

5. noelcuervo

noelcuervo New Member

I have made all the offerings in the proper order and completed all the three circles, I also receive the blessing as it notfies me of that, the problem is that I die and then when the resurrect spell is cast on me by the altar it fails because of my high tech aptitude (i see some sparks on me), so i stay dead i have also tried giving a resurrect scroll to one of my followers, when i die he cast the spell on me and also fails.

Any ideas?

Thanks to you all

6. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

7. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

That is why I asked if you were patched. I really think that is something taken care of in the patch. Been a while since I read the documentation for it, but I'm pretty sure. I you ARE patched, I don't know what to say.

8. trobs

trobs New Member

You want the techy equivalent of resurrect. Either the schematic REANIMATOR, or the litle black thing herbalists sel called a"RESTORE LIFE."

9. trobs

trobs New Member

You want the techy equivalent of resurrect. Either the schematic REANIMATOR, or the litle black thing herbalists sel called a"RESTORE LIFE."

10. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Uh, trobs, that doesn't work for the gods quest. Velorian resurrects you, no matter what you have in your inventory or what your tech is.

11. noelcuervo

noelcuervo New Member

OK, i will try the restore life thing, i think i should give it to one of my followers and expect him to resurrect me, by the way i am not patched the problem is that my game is cracked and i suspect that if i install on official patch it will not work again.
    What do you think, maybe i should try installing anyway.

Thank you all.

12. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

The patch will make your game experience a lot better. Try saving your orignial cracked installer in a different folder, patch, and see if it works. If not, uninstall the patched version and reinstall the cracked version.

Not that I support cracks or anything...

13. Canis

Canis New Member

I do wish there were a workable no-CD patch for the latest version though. CD-swapping is one of my pet peeves, and I use the cracks whenever I can. I've found that if I don't need the CD I tend to play the game more often, and thus enjoy it more.

Naturally I don't support piracy especially in Arcanum's case, but DAMMIT if I paid for the game I don't want to be inconvenienced like that. When I first got Chessmaster 8000 it didn't require the CD to play, but the official patch that was released actually introduced that requirement. Oooooooo I'd never been so angry! Okay, SELDOM had I been so angry. I was pissed off, let's put it that way.

Anyway. On-topic. Either get patched or stop complaining about the persistant bugs you encounter. :)

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Playing the game without a cd required actually makes it run a lot faster for some games. Morrowind for example, chugs a lot less when you've got a no-cd crack installed. It just turns off the security item that requires that you put the cd in the drive, personally I think thats a pretty retarded way to keep someone from making hacked versions of a game, especially because I had a hacked version of the game before I went ahead and bought it, and THEN dl'ed the crack. THat just tells me that games I steal online will run better than versions I buy.

15. Wildwildwoodsboro

Wildwildwoodsboro New Member

In order for you to do this you must download the terra-arcanum character editor and change your technological background so spells and scrolls will work for you

your welcome!

16. Kalthagar

Kalthagar New Member

I had the same problem, and I used a fate point to get me through the resurrecting problem.

17. floyd

floyd New Member

The Arcanum v1.0.7.4 [ENGLISH] Fixed EXE, which can be found on http://www.gamecopyworld.com/ works as a no-CD patch. I used the fixed exe because my original play disc was damaged and all I had was a copy. You don't need to insert the disc any longer once you've replaced the original exe with the fixed one. I had the latest patch and never encountered any problems playing like that.

18. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Well, if you're going to reload and give your followers a Restore Life, try giving it to Sogg, if you have him. He's the best for those things.

19. Baal

Baal New Member

I just tell my friend to step on it, use the alt key to drag there body off the pad the resurrect them. It works for me.

Any life will do, even dominated creatures.

20. Serus

Serus New Member

This thread was one year old before resurected...
    Btw no-cd .exe has one drawback, you cant use unofficial patches that modify arcanum.exe file like experience cap remover...
    Probably it is possible to make an image of cd (with alcohol 120% if it is protected) - and mount it in virtual drive.

Our Host!