Arcanum character editor

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by mystic_kael, Feb 27, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mystic_kael

mystic_kael New Member

While playing the game i couldn't help but notice the npc auto level schemes, they apepared as somewhat retarded and i thought, if the player could plot cp for the npc's they would become more effective and for a character who relies on his party, i.e a gunslinger or even a low level mage it would make things easier. in any case, where on earth can i find a character editor for arcanum?

2. Radiationpoisoning

Radiationpoisoning New Member

3. ян&am

ян&am New Member

4. trobs

trobs New Member

mystic_kael, "retarded" is probably not the precise word. it would make little sensefor Sierra to release this game with a bunch of pre-made characters that were better than anything you could make yourself. The premades each present a nice role-playing challenge. There are two interesting ways to adjust them during the game without using an editor:

(1) Temporaily turn the autoleveling scheme off, make a decision or two of your own, then turn the autolevel scheme back on again.

(2) Play Car Arcanum. In this mod, even with the premades, you get to pick starting bonuses and additional bonuses every 10 levels. the bonuses are intended to help you deal with the difficulty of car arc, but they also give you a chance to "perfect" the premade characters. For example, I made Victoria Warrington a more effective PC by raising her IN, which would otherwise have remained at about 8.

And of course there's the challenge of finding the perfect followers to complement a pre-made character. When you make your own PC, it's usually much easier to figure out what Followers you want.

5. mystic_kael

mystic_kael New Member

(1)great...and how do i turn off the auto-levelling scheme?

(2)im currently downloading car arcanum. but i've gotta finish the game with 2 of my other characters first before i play it. im also spending time with the background editor.

(3) i think the background editor is a great addition to playability as you can implement backgrounds you think would suite your character. I mean, when u create a new character, just by looking at his portrait you can right a book about him, and it sucks to be limited to the backgrounds the game offers (though those are pretty cool), so making your own is even better.

Our Host!