Bate's mantion

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by ShadowKross, Feb 9, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ShadowKross

ShadowKross New Member

2. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

Bates' mansion will be up for sale after you kill him. When you do, you'll get the "Betrayer of Bates" title (i think that's the correct term). Leave the mansion, and go to the left, towards the Zoological Society (93 East End Avenue). Go here to see where exactly. The mansion is the big white building on the top, and the ZS is two buildings to its left. There will be a man who will sell it right away (don't you just love these real estate vultures?). He'll ask you 1 million gold pieces. I don't recall the exact way but there is a way to lower it to half the value. I talked him into it with a female elf with a very high Charisma. When you pay him, it's yours. I think you also get another title.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yep, you get this reputation:

Owner of the Bates Mansion
    buy the Mansion from W.T Moreau people in Tarant respect you people in Tarant +5

Stolen from Dimensions of Arcanum.

Yes, that's a direct copy-paste quote. And no, I don't feel any urge to change it into proper grammar either. :p

4. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

apart from the rep increase what advantages is there? apart from a really big bed all to yourself... mebe add a couple of people... Raven... Z'an Alurin... The chicks from the isle of despair :-o

5. darkllama

darkllama New Member

yeah, because you wont have any guars, suggesting you killed them when you killed Bates, but all you get is a stupid little key and a reputation

but, reputations are fun to collect, like "butcher of stillwater" and "enemy of x town" yeah, it is all very fun

6. Seraphic Lord

Seraphic Lord New Member

is there a quest to kill all the people in stillwater? or is it just something someone just sort of... umm.. did, and got a fate point for?

7. Canis

Canis New Member

It's a quest along the evil plotline, after you locate the Dark Elves.

8. trobs

trobs New Member

The price of the Bates Mansion varies enormously. With haggle, it might be 25,000 or a little more. As an ugly non-haggler, I got a price over 100,000.

Our Host!