hands

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by darkllama, Feb 10, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. darkllama

darkllama New Member

I think instead of having a sword slot and a sheild slot, you should just have a right hand and left hand slot, so you could have two swords or two guns, also, you should be able to choose of you are right handed or left handed, and there could be an ampedextrious background

2. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

We've had a topic like this a while ago but its a good idea nevertheless

3. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

Yeah, i would realy like to have two revolvers in hands !! :-o

4. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Canis said a while ago that there was some problem with blance when weilding two gfuns. She heard it ffrom her naighbour who's a cop. But lets not create these realistic barriers.

5. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

also with old revolvers you have to cock it again after you shoot, therefore shooting two revolvers would proove problematic.
    Well if you just want to shoot once and run away screaming like a little school girl when the horde of angry orks chases after you, You'll do fine. :)

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Whats the problem with cocking exactly? You've got thumbs, two of them in fact, that should be able to help you take care of the whol cocking thing.

7. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

wouldnt it be too awkward? and slow? on all the western flicks you see them knock it back with their other handwhich is quicker.

8. darkllama

darkllama New Member

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Yeah but thats with one gun, if youve got two you probably arent going to fire them at the same time. You cock one back and fire, and while firing that one you cock the other back. WHile cocking the left you fire the right, and fire the right while cocking the left. Its simple.

10. tree1180

tree1180 New Member

RE

YOU PEOPLE!! IT'S A FREAKIN' GAME! IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE REALISTIC! I know you are all thinking :-o . But really. Thinking about cocking an animated weapon? Come on now. :/ . You can edit guns in WorldEd that dont even need bullets. Its like discussing why a cat with 2 butt cracks only craps out one. (Sort of I wouldnt know what that discussion would sound like though. :roll: )So.. I think that DarkLlama's idea is GREAT! I've always heard it rumored that you could hold 2 revolvers, and when Arc2 is released and you can hold 2 daggers, guns, swords, etc. etc. then it will be great. It is an IDEA ya'll. (yes, I am from the South US.) It is also a great one. So if it could be made possible by those wonderful programmers at Trokia, then that would be wonderful, fantabulos. I would tip my hat to them. (If i was wearin one. And if I could find one in my house, and one that would fit that is) But I thihnk this is a really long post. so i stop here! [​IMG]

11. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Re: RE

Yeah, let's give everyone three hands! So you could hold a rifle and a pistol at the same time. :)

12. tree1180

tree1180 New Member

13. darkllama

darkllama New Member

or you couls have half-spider half-ogres and have eight arms and have four shotguns!

14. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

Probably u shoul manage to work your weapons with your feet...that`s something and your mouth is no good after all ........:)

15. fireant99

fireant99 New Member

I don't think you have to cock it back, but it is easier and quicker to cock it back. Try doing it with a real gun and it takes a lot more strength to do it.

16. floyd

floyd New Member

Sounds to me like you just want them to copy the Fallout interface.

Which is a swell idea. :)

17. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

So? Isn't that what the Firearms skill is about (assuming there will be one in A2)? Why not make it based on something like (PE+DX)/2, instead of just PE, and then it would cover both aiming (PE) and keeping the balance (DX)... Also, two weild a gun in each hand, you should need a bigger ST requirement... like 2/3 of both gun's ST requirement combined or something - if the requirement is not met, the aim is terrible (balance problems). And don't forget the Apprentice/Expert/Master training, which also could affect the double-weilding of guns.

Let's not not. Let there be realistic barriers - and let the game give you a way of overcoming them! It seems to me only natural, that any tecknologic character could somewhat decently fire a gun, but only those specifically trained could effectively wield two of them.

Well, if you're talking the wild west type of guns, then - yeah, you can shoot one, and cock it while shooting the other.

Yes it would, and it should. And to counter that, here's where the Appretice/... training would come in - e.g., if you became a Master at firearms (with pre-requisite of DX and PE), you could be able to shoot and cock the same gun with the same hand almost simultaneously. If not - you're slow and awkward... :D

18. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Actually, I've personally shot two single-action revolvers, which are what you have been talking about having to cock before shooting. You have to cock them before shooting them EVERY time, but yes I was able to shoot them with one in each hand with no trouble. Of course, being ambidextrous may have made it a lot easier. ;)

I would say that Shadowbird's suggestion that the Firearms skill be dependent on both DX and PE makes a lot of sense to me and I have never understood why it wasn't dependent on both anyway. All ranged weapons are inherently dependent on both, but especially firearms.

19. DarkKnight666

DarkKnight666 New Member

Single Action VS. Double Action

Well, what about this: Seeing how Arcanum is 19th century/civil war/fantasy RPG, I supose only single action revolvers were around. But if you were a Tech character you could invent some double action revolvers and take out the need to cock the gun everytime you shoot. This could fire the gun faster and more times during a turn!

20. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

AND give the wielder to shoot both of 'em effectively even without the "master" or other training in firearms. Good idea.

Our Host!