Crafting in Arcanum. I need some feedback please.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by chrisbeddoes, Jan 26, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Crafting in Arcanum. I need some feedback please.

I am going to add crafting in Arcanum. For the moment i intend to let you combine

Heartstone,Lava Rock,Black Diamond,Geode

Combined with the following.

Broadsword,Claymore,Flamberge,Long Bow, Chakram.

I need effects and damage and names suggestions. Please help.

Chris.

2. Mandrake42

Mandrake42 New Member

Hmmm! Black Diamond plus Chakram =Diamond Toothed Chakram. Speed 19 HP: 10 -20 FT: 1-5. Extra damage to stone creatured due to the diamond cutting action!!
    (Finallty something to do some damage to those nasty ore golems)

3. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

No i cannot change the speed of the weapon. I can change the damage however.And give effects to the wielder. But i cannot do both. Too much work.

4. Some Strange Man

Some Strange Man New Member

the heartstone should have some fire effect, either fire damage, or giving the weilder extra dex.

the lava rock could be used to.... ummm..... dont know. maybe rebalance a weapon (xtra speed)?

the black diamond should either increase damage (preferably by doing some black necro spell... harm maybe) or it should increase resistance to that college.

and the geode (cuz of the god reference), should do some positive effect, while it does a negative effect. i.e. extra damage, but fatigue drain or something like that.

5. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Long Bow+Heart Stone= Beddokan Bow. Fire damage.

Geode+Flamberage= Terra Sword

Claymore+Lava Rock=Magma Claymore

Broadsword+Hearstone= Beddokan Broadsword

Black Diamond + Chakram =Diamond Toothed Chakram

6. Mandrake42

Mandrake42 New Member

7. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Chris just said that he couldn't change a weapon's speed.

As far as bonuses for adding things to weapons, my vote would be to have them add various types of damage, increase their damage resistance, and give them bonuses to certain types of enemies or in certain areas of Arcanum. A geode enhanced weapon would do extra damage in the wheel clan and bmc. A heartone enhanced weapon would give bonuses in the Dark Fens and the area around the village. Just my unorganized rambling two cents.

8. Some Strange Man

Some Strange Man New Member

I know. Just seemed like the only logical thing for a dead weight to do.

Alternatively, it could increase damage, and also increase fragility, since lava rock isnt all that hard.

9. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Ok . I guess it is my fault that i did not tell you exactly what i can do and cannot do at the start.

Alright .

What i CAN DO. a) Add damage .Fire,Normal,Electrical or fatigue damage. Choices.Always. Or When it is day or night. When the target is a monster of specie X true if the target is a monster type of the specified species. Valid species are: 0 wolf 1 spider 2 orc 3 earth elemental 4 lesser demon 5 lesser skeleton 6 lesser zombie

7 lesser mummy 8 greater demon 9 bunny 10 mech spider 11 automaton 12 lizard man 13 phantom knight 14 wererat 15 snake man 16 ape 17 bear 18 chicken 19 cougar

20 sheep 21 tiger 22 pig 23 cow 24 wisp 25 mutant pig 26 fire elemental 27 water elemental

28 air elemental 29 death knight 30 spider queen 31 werewolf I can also. Reduce life of monster by say a percentage.

Make the weapon steal life from a monster and give it to you.

OR ( i will only do something above or below this line)

Finally i can also change the stats of the wielder NOT the weapon.

BUT......

I am certainly gonna hear some totally unbalancing ideas or ideas that simply cannot be done here because the way to change stats is bugged.(As an example willpower IS bugged)

Some stats that are not bugged are.

Speed (wielder), life(wielder), fatigue(wielder).Please suggest benefits *ONLY* to these stats.Both as a percentage or in absolute numbers.

Plus do not suggest changes to both stats of the wielder and damage of the weapon because it is double or triple the work for me and i will simply not do it.

Or cast spell like effects for show. Choose from the following. (A lot of them are not suitable long duration or are bugged)

To see the fake effects that you will see when the weapon does the extra damage click the attachment pz

http://community.vugames.com/WebX?233@T ... e=.f00e510

10. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Can you make NPC have special stats for weapons?

I was thinking Beddokkan Bow for Waroman.

11. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

12. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Yes, just like those. Also, you may want to make Jayna's dagger tech.

13. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Hmm well, let me give it a try. Sorry if it doesn't fit into the requirements.

Flamberge+Lava Rock= Fiery Blade. Stats of Flamberge+5-15FD,+ random Fear (should be possible, there is a bow with a fear effect in Arcanum, I believe. Waromon has it when he joins you. If you can't make a random effect, steady one will do).

Long Bow+ Heartstone= Bedokaan bow. Long Bow stats+10% critical hit chance, +10 TH

Chakram+ Black Diamond= Twilight Chakram. Chakram stats+ life stealing effect, +10-20 FT damage.

14. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I suppose it couldn't hurt to throw in a handful of suggestion, even if they're made by a fuckwit like me:

For a completely odd and weird weapon - Broadsword + Geode -> Gnomish Bluntblade, dismal physical damage, gigantic fatigue damage - say, 1-2 D and 18-25 FT?

Flamberge + Heartstone -> Angelfear, Flamberge stats, + 5-10 Fire Damage, AC to wielder dependant on alignment, say 1 for every 10 points of good?

Combine a Flamberge with a Black Diamond and you receive a Crucifier, which has the same stats but has the AC dependant on evil instead.

Lava Rock + Claymore -> Engulfed Glory, Claymore stats, +10 Fire Damage and a minor chance of summoning a fire elemental (shall we say, 1%? More perhaps?)

Lava Rock + Chakram -> Tormentor, same stats as an usual chakram, but with a good chance of exploding (like Magnus gloves). Shall we say a 10% for explosion? I suppose the explosion effect has to be tuned down a bit though.

Longbow + Black Diamond -> Glimmering Bow, should be a heavy hitting bow with tons of stopping power, increase minimum damage with 5 and maximum damage with 15. Do the same with fatigue damage, add 10 to TH and 10% to critical hit effect. If you could, elves should receive additional bonuses with this weapon. Or perhaps maybe not, you've got final say on game balance.

Our Host!