Car Arcanum is ready and it rocks.

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by chrisbeddoes, Jan 4, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Uploaded a sixth patch for the patch . No new problems . I just beefed up the majority of the doctorate schematics. Most notable instead of Elephant gun you can now make warbringer.You can now make more explosive grenades also.

2. Samwise

Samwise New Member

3. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

I have uploaded a 8th patch for the patch . This increases the power of about 12 weapons .As an example for the tesla weapon the speed was increased by one . Tesla speed is now two.You can also randomly buy the elephant gun in the wilderness traders but this is a rare occurence.

I also corrected a bug in the bangelian deeps . There was a chance that the pala slaves would not attact.

4. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

I have just released the tenth patch for Car Arcanum.

It fixes the followers A.I in a secret location.

5. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Can I make a suggestion? Can you make any upgrade for the Doc Roberts quest? Can you get a better item instead of the last one:

Enchanted Sword ---> Magick Sword

Revolver ---> Sharp Shooter's Pistol

Axe ---> Quality Axe

6. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Ohh I've noticed a problem, I start the game and I see about 7 seconds of the game and Virgil doesn't talk to me. After the 7 seconds, the screen fades into black and thats it.

7. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Ok . Based on the very limited information that you have given me your maps do not load for a reason.

Are you sure that you have run the bat program ?

Are you sure that you have placed Arcanum.PATCH1 in the correct folder the same folder that you can find Arcanum.PATCH0 ?

Are you sure that you are running the 1.7.4 patch ?

Are you sure that you do not have any other mod installed ?

For example one of the ship cargo modules will definetly conflickt with this one and prevent it from running.

In the pdf manual that you can download from my sute the same things instructions exist but with pictures also.

Chris.

8. qki

qki New Member

where do i find this dungeon master and the car?
    did i instal the game incorrectly or do i meet them later in the game?

9. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Sorry, about 5 seconds after that post I disabled something and its working fine. But arn't I suppoded to get the car at the start?

10. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

qki You find the dungeon master 5 seconds after you start the game.
    5 seconds after you start the game you are teleported in his location. You speak to him and after he teleports you back to the starting location and then you speak to Virgil first (the original speech) and then to althea.

If you are installing WITHOUT ANY OTHER MODS check

a) You have the 1.7.4 patch
    b) The files are in the correct postions.
    c) The bat is in the correct position and you have run it.

Check the images in the pdf manual please.

Goldenboy :But arn't I suppoded to get the car at the start?

Actually no.

the car is
    inside the ship.Actually in the ship main deck along with 21 containers to store your stuff and 4 beds.In order to go there you must get the ship

Would you like an option to get the car at the start ? It would be kind of unbalancing because the car can do A lot of things.

11. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

I mean, an option for it might be good. After all some people just play it for the car. Maybe, it's parked outside Virgil's house?

Ohh, and a custom picture for Athea

12. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

No unless you play a female human and have selected the default portait.

Unfortunately since the car is a follower i cannot add him in a patch for the patch.

I can make it however for you to be able to go into the ship without you having bought the ship.

However if you get the car the following happen.

a) Random encounters are disabled ( Monster ones) That means that you can troll to powershop from the traders. That means that you can almost get the best equipment from level 2.

b) The car is invunerable cannot attact but it can heal you.(better than Virgil can)

c) The car can teleport.

d) The car has a story that will break if put there.

So in conclusion if i give the car at the start it ruins the game.

If you want to try the car then very simply choose the last (playtesting background)

You are getting 18 K life and 18 K fatigue and stats and your expirience grows 100 time faster.

When in shrouded hills an extra barrel will appear outside the house.

Wear 2 rings and you be level 49 and have every area on the game marked.
    Go kill pete and take the car to try it out.

Chris.

13. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Oh and some weapons from the game and how their stats have changed.

Plus the special elite classes have been uploaded.
    You can select a special elite class instead of the bonus to life and fatigue at the start of the game.

{1248}{Special Elite Class Package. Arcane Master. From very young in your life you felt the need to become a great mage. You start the game with 40 more fatigue and 4 more points to willpower}
    {1249}{Special Elite Class Package. Summoner. Most of your summons have +3 to dex and +3 to st.}
    {1250}{Special Elite Class Package .Doctor. From very young in your life you felt the need to become a great doctor. You start the game with +4 to your intelligence +8/4 to doctor and you get a better reaction +15 to all Arcanum big cities.}
    {1251}{Special Elite Class Package. Gambler .From very young in your life you felt the need to become a great gambler .You start the game with +4 to your intelligence +8/4 to gambling and +10 % chance to make critical hits with both melee and ranged weapons when you hit.}
    {1252}{Special Elite Class Package. Bruiser. You hit much harder with all melee weapons. You gain +10 damage bonus with all melee weapons.}
    {1253}{Special Elite Class Package. Gladiator .From very young in your life you felt the need to become a great fighter. You gain +5 to dexterity +5/4 to both melee weapons and dodge.}
    {1254}{Special Elite Class Package. Merchant. From very young in your life you felt the need to become a great merchant. You gain +4 to intelligence +8/4 to haggle and you start the game with 8 white diamonds. You also enjoy a better standing with all the wilderness traders +30}
    {1255}{Special Elite Class Package. Gunner. From very young in your life you felt the need to become a great Gunner. You gain +4 to perception +8/4 to guns and you start the game with a black diamond .You need the black diamond to make the top of the line gun the Warbringer.}
    {1256}{Special Elite Class Package. Technologist. From very young in your life you felt the need to become a great technologist. You start the game with +4 to intelligence 4 random schematics and a charged ring .You also much more popular in Tarrant the great technological city +40 reaction in Tarrant.}
    {1257}{Special Elite Class Package. Thief. From very young in your life you felt the need to become a great Thief. You start the game with +4 to dexterity and +4/4 to pickpocket , +4/4 to locksmith +4/4 to detect traps and +4/4 to disable traps.}
    {1258}{Special Elite Class Package. Ninja. From very young in your life you felt the need to become a Ninja Silent Killer. You start the game with +2 to perception and +5/4 to prowling .You also gain +2 to dexterity and +5/4 to backstab. You also start the game with a fine dagger.}
    {1259}{Special Elite Class Package. Diplomat. From very young in your life you felt the need to become a great diplomatat. You start the game with +4 to charisma and +4/4 to persuasion and +2 to beauty.}

[​IMG]

14. peloi

peloi New Member

I played and finished the game when it first came out, your mod has made me want to play it again, thank you cool mod, keep up great work. :D

15. wdygfy

wdygfy New Member

Chris I'm not sure I understand how the elite class works. Do you have to turn down the bonus to life/fatigue to get the option for elite class or have you replaced the bonus with elite class?

if it's the latter it didn't work for me

16. peloi

peloi New Member

I didn't get the elite classes option either, i think i may have installed it wrong or somethink?

17. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Do you have to turn down the bonus to life/fatigue to get the option for elite class ?

Exactly .

You can either get the one or the other.

18. wdygfy

wdygfy New Member

I have a couple of questions with possible spoilers

1 in the arena I can't find a way into the central building although I can identify things trying to attack from inside I don't see a way in. I got to the arena by traveling nearby on the world map and then walking as it told me my path was blocked to go there directly via the worldmap
    2 Through the portal in the cemetery you get to a different tree city is there anything to do there (other than watch the fights or join in and die)

Thanks

sorry number 2 refers to the dark house area I think

19. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

1 in the arena I can't find a way into the central building although I can identify things trying to attack from inside I don't see a way in. I got to the arena by traveling nearby on the world map and then walking as it told me my path was blocked to go there directly via the worldmap

You can go in at the end of game to talk with Mr Moorindal .(probably not always)

2 Through the portal in the cemetery you get to a different tree city is there anything to do there (other than watch the fights or join in and die)

Thanks

Actually yes.(I suggest to go invisible.Just something for you to read there.It should give you some xp)

20. Dabrinko

Dabrinko New Member

I got these problems.

Where's the George Jameson in Tarant? (you can tell it's Chris' text when it's Punctuated in a special way) The Newspaper guy mentioned him when I finished (or did I?) the half ogre Island quest.

When I make the Fire Obstruction I get THREE Automatons instead.

And WHY doesn't Virgil pick any more spells? He REALLY needs that Cure poison.

Our Host!