Crumbling Skeleton in temple of the Daren-ka

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Sierraleaf, Jan 16, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sierraleaf

Sierraleaf New Member

I killed the crumbling skeleton at the end of the temple for the daren-ka by mistake and didn't realize my mistake until sometime after and I saved over all my games which were before meeting it. So I can't go back by save, and I tried resurrection (didn't work), and create undead (didn't work of course, only made a mindless follower). So, if anyone has any suggestions on how i might be able to bring him back or hack the game or anything to do his quests, I would be grateful.
    Also, I am curious at what he does for you when you do everything for him.

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Hes a friggin kick ass evil fighter npc. So if you're of a positive alignment (good) then forget it, but if yer evil then hes definitly worht checking out.

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Its very hard to get him in the unpatched game though. There seems to be some kind of bug that makes him attack you on sight in most cases.

4. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

He will attact you if you BREAK his door. Find the keys and open the damn door.

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I never broke the door, yet he attacked me almost every time until I got the patch.

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Was your alignment +100 or something every time you visited him?

7. Solaris

Solaris New Member

No, it reacted about the same whether I was good or evil. I had a theory that there is some kind of trigger point behind the door, and if you pass this point running, the skeleton attacks. Just a theory though.

8. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

If you want him and your goo, get Master Persuasion and then do his quest. After Virgil, Maguns & Loghire, he's problely the most story driven follower.

He'll betray you if you kill Kerghan without giving him his sword, (the Bane of Kree has it). If you convince Kergahn not to destroy the world, AND you got his sword back, he won't attack you also. Aslo, take him to Kree and he'll say this was his home. And talk to him in several places for some very intresting insites.

9. Wolf

Wolf New Member

When I told mt followers to wait he didnt attack.

10. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

You could probly take the door out from a distance with the looking glass rifle or something.

11. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

As one FAQ put it, he's the only evil aligned heroic character.

12. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

I've never had him on my team, because I'm always a good character. I play as a loner most of the time anyway.

13. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    In that case, the two of us are the complete opposites Matah. I like having many followers - in fact, I'd never create a character that hadn't 20 CH and max persuasion planned out. Gives me a lot of follower slots, and neat quest sollutions.

My current character has Virgil, Magnus, Gar, Dog, Dante and Thorvald in his party. My aim is to take Raven, Loghaire and Franklin Payne (or possibly Torian Kel - though I'll need mastery in persuasion to make it work) along as well.

Must say that I agree on the goodness thing though. I've tried play evil characters, but it hasn't worked well so far. Guess I'm too much of a goody two-shoe...

14. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

I played Arcanum-ALOT. It seems to me that a newbie player(I'm not talking about you) are the ones that want followers the most. Since my characters are always somewhat effective, I don't need followers. Oh, and one reason is because I wanted the saves on single player to be good on multiplayer too. And I didn't want to waste points on charisma , because you don't really need it in multiplayer.

15. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I prefer having many followers, especially when playing a tech. Even though they don't get much fighting to do, I often need them as pack mules and for their schematics.

16. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Whenever I play evil, I'm a loner. Other than that I always get expert persuasion. I always plan out so I can get Magnus and Gar at their exact levels.

17. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

It's really weird seeing how many of you have had problems with Torian Kel because I don't think I've ever had him attack me in all the times I've done that dungeon. Maybe it's because I tend to play characters with high charisma and persuasion, but he usually just stands there while I walk in the door and loot the dust pile on the floor nearby. Then I talk to him and get his story and his pseudo-quest. Since it doesn't actually show up as a quest, it's not really considered one by the game, but it still gives you lots of experience.

18. Sierraleaf

Sierraleaf New Member

WOW

omg, I made a threat that got ALOT of attention but little help to my question :/. Okay, my character is at -100 alignment (he should be well below but it doesn't go any further), melee dodge mage (dark necro, force, clairvoyence), sold his soul, 100 magic aptitue, no persuasion or any of those. I don't care about followers, I only have virgil because he heals and geoffery becaues he helps summons.
    I wasn't sure if the crumbling skeleton did somthing special if you were a necro or not because it is the temple of the darien-ka, but now that I see that it's only another follower I don't care as much. But I am still wondering if theres a way to hack (prehaps in hex) or modify (with a program why not) my game so that I can still get him or a way to resurrect him. 8)

19. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Re: WOW

If you have killed him- you lost him.

20. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

Hmm,..you don't need to have master persuasion, i had character -28 evil, 15 charisma 4persuasion(expert) and I convinced Torien Kel to travel with me.

But I have 1 question:

I know its stupid , but how can i get master in persuasion?
    Mr. Wiloughsby (or something like that :p ) has travel to Caladon and every time i asked the half-ogre he is not at home.

I travel to caladon and didn't find him there!? :)

HELP.

Our Host!