Dissapointed in the End-Game Cinematic

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by The Caltrop, Dec 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Correct Dark Elf, Halfling had 'Ran away with the Circus' background.

2. Icairus

Icairus New Member

In the patched game, your background is just like racial bonuses.
    You can get up to +8 from where you started, so both the mins and the maxes are affected, DE.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Not exactly. I'm currently playing a male elf with the Ran Away With The Circus background. Going by your logic, I would be able to raise my ST to 25, which isn't the case. I'm still capped at 20 (and 19 would had been the max shouldn't I had picked a ST-enhancing background).

It won't raise the max of stats that could naturally reach 20 or above either. I'm rather sure that my half-ogre couldn't reach 30 ST.

As for the cap of penalized stats, I'll take your word for it. Never bothered to increase a stat taken down by background anyway. After all, I choose to penalize it because I don't care about it.

Of course, I could always download Virgil the Pervert again and give it a shot...

4. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

Had someon Chuckka in party ?

I have and he can reach ....26 strenght. :)

5. Alkatraz

Alkatraz New Member

I was just about to make this topic after finishing this great game.
    What a thrill ride... but how dissapointing to end so abrubtly! I want more I tell ya!

Ive tried both good/evil endings... and for the evil ending. What can I say? You see a bunch of skeletons and a voice over telling you everyone died and Kerghan turned on you (I was planning to turn on him but meh :p) and you won. Dammit, I wanted a cut scene showing my battle with him or something.
    As for the good, it seems so much of what I did went unnoticed...

They also should have made the ending like in Fallout 2, where you can continue after you beat the game - just to find all those locations and whatever. Maybe Tarant should be changed (like New Reno in Fallout 2) and everyone acknowledge you as a hero or something?

Ah well, I guess for something that so few people will see, as many except for the diehards will give up before the end, I guess they couldnt be bothered making something that so few would see... meh I want a better ending :p

Now, bring on Arcanum 2!

On a sidenote - this game really reminds me of Fallout in 1 way(well a lot more, but im only discussing this one ;)). The end battle is SO easy. Isnt Kerghan meant to be the guy who imprisoned Arronax, the same Arronax who brough death and destruction over the entire city of Vendigroth, yet both of these guys are push overs.
    Actually, everyone in the Void is meant to be powerful but their all so easy.
    Come to think of it, I cant think of any combat that was hard... the closest I came to dieing in the game was probablly back at the Zepplin Crash, taking on those big wolves... lol wheres the challenge (well combat wise at least).

This problem was also in Fallout (lol, yeh I love that game), after you hit the half way point in the game you could basically take on anyone.

Anyways, mini-rant over, back to wishing/praying for Arcanum 2...

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Well, that would be Arcanum in a nutshell. Probably the best game that's ever been made in many aspects, but sadly enough it doesn't offer that much of a challenge for most character types.

I agree on Arronax, I really think they screwed him up - I mean, he's supposed to be one of the most powerful sorcerors in the world, yet he doesn't even have (I think) a full 100 Magickal Aptitude. What's up with that, and all those unused points? Maybe Troika feared that the game ending would become too easy with a full-fledged Arronax by your side, I don't know.

7. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

Agree too, Aronax, Nasrudin, and even Kerghan....all those charakters are weaklings against you :/

Damned, i feel so... :x ..,mad!!
    How the hell they haven't add more Hp, more damage or more spell to Kerghan !!

So what the point having Bane of Kree, Kraka tur or lizard in your party if you can alone destroy him :cry: :cry:

8. Locue

Locue New Member

I didn't get as disappointed with the ending cinematic as I was with how the game ended with me, the player. [Possible spoiler!] In Fallout you'd at least have that "oh, begone with you"-ending with Number Thirteen walking away into the desert leaving the vault, but in Arcanum everything was limited at going through what happened to the places and characters you met. That was just a bit too disappointing... :/

9. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

I heard somewhere in these vast forums that on hard difficulty playing an evil character you get a different ending to when your playing easy. :???:

10. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

11. tree1180

tree1180 New Member

RE

I'm pretty sure that you get different endings even if you dont have it on hard. depending on if you are evil, how evil, good, how good, reputations. # of quests type of quests etc. etc. I'm not 100% sure, more like 98.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%.

Our Host!