ech scematicks beefed up ?Make Droch's instead of Elephant ?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by chrisbeddoes, Jan 14, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Should a tech be able to reproduce scrolls of teleportation ?

1. Yes.Bring it on !!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Never.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

The idea is that when you are a professor you should practicaly have a license to print money or make something very extraordinary.

And since everything has beefed up in my mod except these.

//Cure All Proposed Change Make 2. //Anaesthesizer Proposed Change Make 2. //Tesla Rod Proposed Change ? None unforunately . Tech resons. Explosives ? Explosive grenade becomes last scematic in place of dynamite.Make 6 instead of 3. Guns :Instead of Elephant Gun make Droch's Warbringer yea change components to rarer.It seems that deadly tech always survives cataclysms. Mech ? None. Mechanized Arachnid is already good. Armor ? None unfortunately.

Finally should i make ( replace aggg a found scematic so that
    it would have as a product scrolls of teleportation ?
    Do these fail when you have high tech aptitude ?

2. jankiel

jankiel Member

3. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

4. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

I'd have to say no to the scroll, Chris, because that should be made by a mage or wizard. :???: Scrolls are inherently magical and should be made by someone with magical skills for those lacking such skills to use. It would be nice if a Master of a given college of magic could produce scrolls for spells in that college and it would also make sense. :)

As for the other changes, all except the explosive grenade sound good. I happen to use that little sucker fairly often, so I don't want to see it go to the end of the list! :/

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I don't think tech players need teleportation. A car is enough. After all, travelling isn't that much a bother if you just speed it up.

As for Warbringer being instead of the Elephant gun- I think I disagree. Would be wiser to increase the power of the Elephant gun itself. Also, don't know if you did anything about it already, but High Velocity Pistol and Pyro Gun in their original versions aren't worth the parts they're made of.

6. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

First of all i hade made thoise changes and uploaded them ( all except the teleport scroll in the seventh Car Arcanum patch)

But if i find a valid alternative i may redo them again.

Since ppl are 50 -50 in the teleport thingie i am NOT including it.

Solaris "wiser to increase the power of the Elephant gun itself" yes you are right but this would deal with prototypes and complicate the instalation of my mod.

"High Velocity Pistol and Pyro Gun in their original versions aren't worth the parts they're made of." no i did not because again the problem is not how to modify the prototypes but how to include them in my distribution in a way that will not complicate it.

Sinbad as for this "As for the other changes, all except the explosive grenade sound good. I happen to use that little sucker fairly often, so I don't want to see it go to the end of the list!" well i agree that it is kind of nerfing that it goes to the end of the list.

But on the other way it is the most useful item that explosives produces . Although in my mod it will work in half efffectiveness against fire immune monsters .

It does 5-30 normal and 5-30 fire damage .

Well the point is that because itt really is the most useful of those items it should go last.

And the big change is that now with the same components you can do 7 grenades instead of 3.

Meaning non only that money is not an issue any more unless you have killed all shopkeepers that buy them ;) but that you can afford to throw them in nearly all the battles instead of just the difficult ones.

So yea you have a harder time at the start but at the end you will be uber.

Chris.

P.S I could remove fire obstruction and add the explosive grenades at their slot but making say 2 or 3 instead of 7 but i think that fire obstruction is needed for something else.

7. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Modern Droch's Warbringer-Yes: Allow the Elephant gun to be bought in shops, or as a found (bought)schematic.

Teleportation Ring:-Yes: Use charged ring picture. Make Teslarod a found (bought) schematic.

Maybe replace reapeter rife with Vendigroth Rife? And allowing you to buy the repeter rife schematics?

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Will you still be able to make blade launchers, and other guns that require elephant guns?

9. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Well, there is another solution- make them worthwhile by changing the required parts! Not sure about High Velocity Pistol, because its weaker than even a Fine Revolver, but the Pyro gun could require a common flintlock instead of a hard-to-obtain Long Range Pistol, which does almost the same damage at a longer range. This way, the Pyro Gun would become a valid alternative if you're lucky to get the schematics early.

Our Host!