The half-ogre conspiracy

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Chunky944, Jan 13, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

I remember a while back doin a quest to uncover the half-ogre comspiracy but after getting the book i found it that all the news vendors screw me over and the guy who gets me to do the quest has dissapeared and... well sir matt de cesaere is dead... rather a depressing note i should say... :(
    have y'all found an alternative to bein given $300 for your work? :x

2. Tholtan DarkOne

Tholtan DarkOne New Member

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

It is still worth it though. You get schematics for Potion of Paralysis and a fate point while doing the quest.

4. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

I belive Chris Beddos has included the half ogre quest finale in his Car Arcanum mod.

5. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

About Matt de Cesare, where is that damned skull he need ?? :(

This is 7 time I play Arcanum and never find some time to go annd search for skull.
    it's not in graveyard, i know its somewhere in warehause, but dunno wich one . :(

6. jankiel

jankiel Member

It's in a crate in a locked building in the docks of tarant.

7. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

More specifically, the one with the jammed doors that you have to dynamite (or beat with an axe) to open. Be prepared for a nasty fight if you aren't high level.

8. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

I don't know about Chris's Car Arcanum having a conclusion to the half-ogre quest, but I am definitely extending it substantially in my new mod. Still, if you play it the way you've done it in the past, you will probably miss the new parts, so be forewarned. I hope to have my mod ready by sometime this summer.

9. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

Thats really sad and depressing... I need food...mmmmmmm mmm thats good.... oh yeah depressing... :frownyes: :shootme: :realmad: :minigun:

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I hope I'm not remembering things wrong, but isn't there a way in there through the sewers? Removes the problem of having too bomb/disintegrate a door, which may not be all too tolerated by those omnipresent guards.

Oh, and I would personally never axe a door. My standard process if I have to break something open is to remove the weapons of all my followers and then let them handle it. Fists can be healed but weapons cost money to fix and can get permanently broken. :/

11. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Axes don't get damaged on doors and chests. Other weapons (except arcane ones, which are also exempt) do, but not axes.

12. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

You are remembering wrong, Dark Elf. The only way into that particular warehouse is through the doors. One set of doors is jammed and the other set is locked and can be picked, but is really hard to do so most people will use dynamite or beat them down. Also, labyrinthian, you are wrong about axes not getting damaged on doors and chests because only pyrotechnic axes don't get damaged on them. I've had Virgil and Magnus ruin too many axes if I don't stop them from attacking those doors in time. I usually use a chakram on the doors because throwing weapons are also immune to that damage.

13. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

normal axes are not damaging on wooden objects, only on metal.

14. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Well, the doors at that warehouse are metal.

15. Mandrake42

Mandrake42 New Member

Use the Power Axe that you find in the Black Mountain Clan. "It slices, it dices, it Juliannes!!".

There isnt a way into that warehouse through the sewers.

And according to the walkthrough, that depressing end to the Half Ogre quest is the way it finishes in the official campaign. It pissed me off too. I reloaded, dumped my party members outside and then sliced and diced that smug little gnome punk!!

Our Host!