Wow... crazy weapon

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[​IMG]

This came from a Dwarf Wizard in Quintarra. Jormung or something like that...

Base Speed of 33, it takes only ONE action point per swing... I gave that to my Half-Ogre... let's just say with Str of 24 doing 17 FT damage per swing.... most living beings don't stand a chance...

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

For a fighter with high DX & an over 20 ST, that thing may well be the best weapon in the game.

3. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

4. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Interesting . this is jormund weapon or does he give that to you as a gift ?

5. Some Strange Man

Some Strange Man New Member

6. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Not really. What about Torian Kel's Ancestral Sword? I believe it has the speed of 35.
    Besides, some enemies aren't FT vulnerable. I don't think Staff of Xoranth would be a good weapon to try on Bludgeoners or Automatons.

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, you still get to whack them alot. That helps. A damage bonus of 10 I think at ST 20 and if you have 20 Dx to you can hit them 25 times. Then of course, if you're a mage, there's the possibility that you know haste and tempus fugit. And, I believe it's in Hard Arcanum, that AoF adds to speed not Dx, so you could bump yourself up to around 80+ speed. Go into real time at that speed and you won't even see yourself move. The screen will freeze and guys will just start falling down.

Oh, does Haste stack? That could get interesting.

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Not really. Actually, 20 ST doubles your damage bonus. And all above points are doubled as well. That's why a half-ogre with 24 ST receives a mighty damage bonus of 28.

Going by your definition, the same half-ogre should had had a damage bonus of 24, which is not the case. :)

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Damn! You're right! You would kill the enemies even faster! And that's pretty fucking fast!

10. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

I just tryed it on the automotion in the basement in Ashbury, It didn't do as much damage as it did to the zombies in the crypt, but it still killed it helluva fast.

11. Samwise

Samwise New Member

12. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

TH=To Hit
    A weapon with TH on it will change your chance to hit something by the amount indicated. Some have positive changes and some have negative.

Our Host!