Easy money for rogues

Discussion in 'ToEE Hints & Tips' started by Radiationpoisoning, Oct 18, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Radiationpoisoning

Radiationpoisoning New Member

In Hommlet, Go to the money exchanger on the north side of town. Once inside pick Nira Melubb's pockets for his gems. After you have stolen the gems sell them back to him. The gems will go back into his inventory and then you can just steal them and sell them back :lol:

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Quite the exploit, but yeah, it works. If you have maxed out your Appraise Skill Check it's even cheesier. :)

However, I like to stay away from such exploits in the code. It can be fun being a munchkin for a while, but it gets tedious in the end.

3. Radiationpoisoning

Radiationpoisoning New Member

Thats why I posted it on the Hints & Tips thread. There's a nice big fat "WARNING! This forum contains spoilers. " It really helps when tring to craft magic items that cost 18,000 gold.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I think you misunderstood what I meant by "exploit" - I'm not pointing out the fact that you wrote a spoilerish post, what I meant was that I don't like cheating like that.

Having an endless supply of money can be fun in some instances, but eventually it will kill the game. It's more to purchase that long-wanted piece of equipment with your hard-earned cash than it is to exploit something that really shouldn't be doable.

But, as always, each to their own :)

5. Stackhouse

Stackhouse New Member

True, true- though I admit I've been known to take advantage at times. Like with that fellow in Arcanum who owed Madame Lil. It wasn't my fault that he was rich and suffering from short-term memory loss. ;)

6. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Seems this works for every merchant in the game. That old lady in Nulb has the most valuable gems to sell n steal. Yes, it is cheesy, but there isn't enough money in the game to make some of the magic items, so I don't mind this little exploit just for that.

Our Host!