Flappers/flapper period

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Sereina, Nov 22, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sereina

Sereina New Member

I'm watching the trends in Tarant, and it's just so similar to American turn of the century styles... so, how about an upgraded economy, with stock markets, people stupidly buying/selling stocks and absolutely insane credit rates? Kind of like the 1920's! And you can have places like Dernholm and Shrouded hills act like Europe and Asia did, struggling to catch up with the booming, decadent styles and world of rich Americans.

2. zxcvbnmnbvcxz123

zxcvbnmnbvcxz123 New Member

Heh Heh sounds good

So Arcanum 2 would be ~100 years later?

Well... don't you think Vendigroth would be the marvel city of the world? It DOES have people riding around in those neat little cars (the pic at the end of the game)

3. Sereina

Sereina New Member

Not 100 years later, just about 20-30 years later.
    I haven't beaten the game yet, and won't, for a time. I'm oh so busy at this point.

4. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

If everyone turns to indusrialization then how would be balance out magic?

5. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

To balance out magic, here is a GREAT scenario,
    Instead of the plot just following the magic-tech-magic-tech cycle, there can be a new discovery, the idea that magic can be used to ENHANCE technology, like magically fueled vehicles, or various other magically enchanted weapons of destruction, therefore, leading to the same crisis, of old versus new, I beleive that is very simple my friend, and in fact, the best idea EVER. :D

6. The Caltrop

The Caltrop New Member

Magick can't work with Technology. The two work on fundementally different planes. Magick nullifies natural law, Technology strengthens it. To have a device that combines them both would be just plain Anti-Arcanum!

7. Megaman-alpha

Megaman-alpha New Member

8. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

If you get the good ending for the Bedokann it says that they joined the elves and drove everyone else from their lands. This would make the area a haven for magic. Also the plains north of the montains and east of the bedokann swamps contain no civilisation, just old ruins. As vendigroth rose from the ashes, the mages would have to leave Tulla to maintain their 'philosophical purity', why not go there, its not all that far from where they are alrady anyway.

Our Host!