Thorvald and Loghaire

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by jankiel, Dec 8, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. jankiel

jankiel Member

Eh, it seem that I dont know as much as I thought,
    anyway how do I get thorvald and Loghaire to join me

2. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Don't think you really needed to start a new thread for this, but anyway...

Thorvald. Talk to him. Don't be gnome. Make him feel like a coward for not coming with you. He will. Make him wait outside the wheel caves when you go in next, otherwise he'll leave you forever.

Loghaire. Have high INT when you talk to his son. Say your intellect is up to the task. Learn everything about the Shape and Stone. When you talk to Loghaire, talk to him correctly about the shape and stone. He will offer to join you.

If you are already past either of these points, there is no other legal way.

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Thorward: what labyrinthian said, plus be the same level as Thorwald, or at least no more than one level below him.

Loghaire: again, what labyrinthian said- but don't expect him to join you right away. First time you talk to him, you can only make him return and be a king again. Once this is done, come back after you have talked to M'in Gorad about the fate of the Black Mountain Clan, then come back and ask Loghaire to join you.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You don't really need to have so high intelligence. From what I've heard, 10 is enough. Now, if you don't have any other uses for intelligence, there's no need to dump points into it - just buy an essence of intellect.

5. jankiel

jankiel Member

thanks
    and one more thing: the same thing as above but about M'in Gorad

6. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

You can't get M'in Gorad. Well, you can get her in bed, but not get her to join the party.

The only Dark Elf you can get is Z'an. For her, you have to be evil and follow the conversation tree correctly. Or, well, have persuasion and chr maxed.

7. division_6

division_6 New Member

I had a 100 alignment and she only turned me down because I didn't have enough charisma

It's all the convo tree. Follow it well.. feed her doubts. She will offer to join you on the condition that it is to seek answers to her questions ONLY. You tell her that you are fine with that and poof, you get her. Well, if you have enough charisma

8. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

That's not quite true. You get her all the way there, you think she'll join, she even offers, you finally ask her to join, and she says no. Something about your "moral rigidity" or something like that. You thought you almost had her, but if you had temporarily raised your charisma, she still wouldn't have gone with you.

9. jankiel

jankiel Member

what a shame.
    And about Z'an, you have to be Evil or be master of persuasion

10. The Spore

The Spore New Member

Dwarves suck, why would you want them anyway?

no need for them and Spore is yet to see a decent dwarf in a movie or game, excluding Gimli

11. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Loghaire needs high Intelligence and persuassion, talk to Randver about shape and stone first.

Never tried to get Thorvald before but I think it also requires high intelligence and persuassion

Get Lost Spore, nobody likes you.

12. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Richard Vorak: Stop feeding the beastie. Ignore the idiot and let him get bored of his own stupidity. By replying to his posts you double the ammount of spamming he produces.

13. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

He IS the spore. They use the same IP too. How come Richard has posted in every thread that the spore has posted? Tell us.

Our Host!