panarii temple: the closed door?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Herald, Dec 7, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Herald

Herald New Member

How do I open the door below the tomb of mannox? It's the one you aren't suppose to knock on more then three times, then some demons appear. I already did the Mannox mystery quest so it has nothing to do with the vault of mannox, I'm just wondering where that door leads to...

2. Some Strange Man

Some Strange Man New Member

3. Herald

Herald New Member

OK, i know that you can enter the tomb through the sewers, or pickpocket the key from the guard in the temple, but when you're standing next to the coffin itself there's a secret passsage down(which leads to the sewers). So when you go down that passage, there's another door in front of you. If you hover the mouse over the door it says something like:"blah blah, secret word, blah blah, knock no more then three times". Now i've completed Arcanum plenty of times, but i never ever got that door to open :-x . If you knock three times some demons appear, they look like the fallen paladin, but are only lvl 20. Anyone knows how to open that friggin'door?

4. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I don't remember. But there is usually an easy way out of everything- just break the damn thing!

5. Canis

Canis New Member

I believe you can learn the password from Hadrian. Or was it the other guy.... No, definitely Hadrian. Blowing it to smithereens also works, as Solaris said.

6. Herald

Herald New Member

Hmm, hadrian... ok i'll try that, but smashing it seems like a more satisfying way to get past that @#|{!{ door :D

7. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Um nno. Hadrian gives you no passwords. Gunther does give you a password "truth", but I think its for Mannox's mystery. Maybe its for that door as well...
    Either way, those undead that appear if you touch the door three times, are just more experience for me...

8. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

No Hadrian does you the password, but only if he's completely convinced you are an archaeologist, and he doesn't know your real story. That's the most diplomatic, but obviously not the only way to complete the Mannox, and thus the Iron Clan quest. If he knows your real story, you'll have to handle the door yourself.

9. Herald

Herald New Member

Well i'm currently playing a half ogre fighter/mage with 4 charisma and no persuasion, so i guess i'll just hit that door really hard :D

10. Some Strange Man

Some Strange Man New Member

or you can explore the sewers more to find the way into the other side.

11. division_6

division_6 New Member

Do the demons appear if you knock with plastique?

12. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Definitely! You get a lot more experience if you knock and knock the door down, but be sure you can kill what comes through the door. BTW, you can come up to that same door from the sewers on both sides of it.

13. Sinistrad

Sinistrad New Member

I think I killed everyone in the temple and any doors which dont respond to unlocking cantrip I just make my demon uhh... open for me with a little finesse :lol:

Our Host!