Me, myself and me wonder why the pronoun "eye" bec

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by trobs, Dec 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. trobs

trobs New Member

This poster's been wondering why people in this forum (never seen it elsewhere) tend to use the pronoun "me" instead of that well known capital letter, the ninth of the English alphabet. Having actually made a post it's become clear that text changes from {you know what} to 'me' are done on my behalf during the posting process.

Several questions naturally raise themselves, but let's ask just one:

Why?

- trobs

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  3. trobs

trobs New Member

No blame will be cast! You could go on gradually changing more and more words (as per your link above) until the forums became pretty much incomprehensible. (This would probably be a change from the way they are now.) ANYWAY, hope you're aware of this Yahoo scandal from last year: Yahoo, without any warning, routinely changed certain letter sequences that went through their email system to keep people from screwing their mailings up. They SHOULD have been changing WORDS, but they also changed parts of words. The well known changes (see http://www.ntk.net/2002/07/12/yahoo.txt) are:
    eval => review
    mocha => espresso
    expression => statement
    javascript => java-script
    jscript => j-script
    vbscript => vb-script
    livescript => live-script

Consequently you will find many final copy papers on the internet with nonsense words like medireview, chreviewier and dreviewue.
    (Go ahead, search for some of them!)

Eye shall feel privileged to inhabit this world of word-shifting.
    - trobs

4. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Dark Elf you have perpetrated this infuriatingly insulting, infantile, idiotic, insanity long enough! This was only supposed to go on for a day or so. Enough is enough! It's time to stop making everyone sound like retarded two-year olds.

5. Herald

Herald New Member

I think it's funny . Saying _I_, then reading "me", it makes all the post superfunny :D

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Ah, but you see, it's not the elf of darkness that is keeping this going - why, he hasn't even got the authority to change those matters. Until Jarinor comes around to change things back to normal, there'll be status quo.

Quite an amusing inquiry you made there. And here I thought that I had nothing to do with that. :lol:

Our Host!