Annoying Bug

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by foxygrandpa999, Nov 30, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. foxygrandpa999

foxygrandpa999 New Member

ok in the vendigroth ruins first off for some reason virgil just disappears and i cant check his inventory leading me to belive he's in a battle but he doesnt lose any health or fatigue. And then all of a sudden hes not in my party...what the hell? Also..when enter a certain vent my computer just quits out for no apparent reason...and it happens EVERY TIME i go there...is there any way to fix this?

2. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Ok, are you patched? I've had this problem before, but I never found out how to fix it.

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Are you patched?

Happened to me once. I was on my way to dispose of Llanamelach, fighting my way through those Krag berserkers. Jayna had a critical miss, hit herself with a pyro axe for half her HPs- and all of a sudden she is not in my party and not talking to me at all (as in dialog options don't appear), even though her reaction to me hasn't fallen. You will have to replay from your last save, there isn't any other way to fix it.
    Seeing as it only happened to me once, and only when I played unpatched, it shouldn't bother you too much. Its a very rare bug.

Reboot, and try again. If it doesn't help, run a fix option.

4. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

If your using the character editor ALWAYS back up your save! I had a problem where I had a bug where Zen-Virgil and Virgil didn't show up in the chracter editor and he started using the "That's the way to show those bastar...I mean good hit sir/madam!" iinstead of "Good show! Perhaps they'll think twice before attacking us again!"

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I've had the game exited by my computer and each time that it has happened it seem to have been triggered in some way, shape, or form by doing the Iron Clan Quest and more specifically, it only starts occuring after I have entered the Iron Clan's mines.

6. foxygrandpa999

foxygrandpa999 New Member

Yea see....well ok, | patched the game and its still doing that. Plus, | saved both the auto save and the normal save right before the vent...and the spot on the left of the screen where Virgil's portrait was is now just blue...Help?

7. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

For some reason they missed this one when they made 1074, I never had 1070, but I assume that it was replaced because it missed things. Perhaps a new patch is being made.

8. Herald

Herald New Member

My sister encountered that bug too, but not where you had it. She had it happen at the "frozen thing", the place with all the snow, and narrow passageways of bushes. Virgil and Magnus suddenly stopped, and refused to talk to her. Problem was, she saved while she was running, so she had to abandon that save game :/

9. toller

toller New Member

This happens when more that one creature is attacking and some wall or hedge is blocking access. Vigil just stands there bacuase his AI is stuck undecided what to do. If you must clear this enter your World Map and travel about one day. Your NPC will be with you when you land. You can keep fighting and the NPCs will eventually join you.

The same thing may happen if Virgil gets stuck in a town. Just keep running and he will drop from you like a new born man/baby. This appears to be a fix to the AI issue.

Our Host!