FELT LIKE TELLING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Nov 16, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What is a good size family(# children)?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2003.
  1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Cool. Are you a second-generation Slavic, or do you live in Russia, a former Soviet Republic, or another Slavic country?
    EDIT: Just to clarify, when I said that naming your son Sasha would be a crime, I meant because it is also a common female name in America. Not that there's anything wrong with the name itself. Like I said, I wish people in this country weren't so stupid about names.

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I was born in Russia and lived there till I was 16.

3. Settler

Settler Member

Argh! This is what I was ranting on about before. Bren is a perfectly good name, probably the best on your list right now... but I keep on thinking of the British light machine-gun (and of a student at my school that commited suicide named Bryn, but of course that'll only be me).

Then again, that'll only happen to insane WW2 nuts, like me. If you like it (which I do), then stick with it, by all means.

4. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I also immediately thought of the good old Bren with the upward-curving magazine. While I enjoy World War II history, I know of the Bren because I am a gun enthusiast, in case that isn't clear. Did you watch Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? The one scene where the chick walks fire across the room with the Bren and doesn't kill anyone is ridiculous. I swear they got that from Pulp Fiction when the curly-haired dude comes out of the bathroom with the 44 Magnum.

5. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Well, I know Settler and Sea Dog have. I was at my bro's party when I fell asleep and they had hired it.

6. Settler

Settler Member

Lock, Stock is without a doubt my favourite movie of all time...but I wont hijack RP's thread just yet* :).

Right, yes, more names...

Girls

• Harriet (Seems a bit...sharp, though)
      Katja (I've heard this pronounced both 'Kaht-tsia' and 'Kaht-jya', and to this day I still don't know which (if any) is right. Solaris?)

[Edit] -Damn it, Wolf, it's 9:30 am and we're both on a forum... *curses lack of real life*...

7. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I think it might be "Kat-yah." I have a classmate at college who's name is pronounced that way, and since she is German, I assume that it would be spelled "Katja."

Haha...I'm only on the forum right now because I'm sick.

8. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

You won't get an apology from me, RP. For one, I didn't insult you. If you had paid my post half a mind you'd have noticed that any potentially offensive writing was interrogative and not declarative. I did not call your wife a lesbian, I asked if she was. In none of your posts have you declaratively stated that you were the bearer of a penis and testicles or that you lacked breasts capable of lactation. News flash: same-sex marriages are a reality and artificial insemination is a viable form of conception. You HAVE said that your wife is female and that was why the question of your own sex was not entirely clear. But you were seemingly blinded to these very obvious things by an over-inflated sense of pride or homophobia. Perhaps it was simple stupidity. In any case, I don't feel sorry for you beyond the extent that you failed to comprehend the gist of my previous statement in this thread and you won't see me "owning up" to anything more than the derision I'm now displaying for your almost complete lack of tact.

If you had looked EVEN closer at what I'd said you'd have noticed that I was making an attempt to augment your list of names with a few of my own -- besides cracking a joke which you took in COMPLETELY the wrong way. But, no, you were seemingly so incensed by what you perceived in my first couple of interrogatives that you were blinded by your rage. Examine my previous post. Search deeply in your soul for something that you've probably never encountered before. Think long and hard before saying something asinine or even potentially so. Then, show those names that I wrote down to your wife and see whether she approves.

Anyway, apologizing on top of the apology that you crafted at the end of your ranting post would be too silly.

9. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

While I myself was suprised at the ferocity of RP's reply to your "lesbian" post, I can see how he would at be at least a little upset. Some people just don't find certain jokes funny, and many men are very protective of their women, me being among them, as I've already noted. Even making a joke about his woman, when you aren't on any kind of close, freindly terms with him, could easily be percieved as a serious insult, and therefore merit rage. Likewise, when my close friends say random disturbing and sexually deviant things about my Mom, I am not offended, but if someone I didn't know were to say such a thing, I would most likely fight them to defend my mother's honor. I'm not saying that his excessive violence of speech was completely acceptable or sensible, I'm just trying to help you see from his point of view.

10. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Well, here go some more names.

Boys:
    Eli
    Luke
    Kane
    Simon
    Ross

Girls:
    Miranda
    Sabrina
    Theresa
    Marilyn
    Marisa
    Florentyna
    Samantha

Enjoy.

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

This does explain a lot. I always wondered when I read books featuring Russians called Alexander why they were called Sasha.

I think your Mum could bitchslap any random offender better than you could, being that she's Italian :).

12. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Here's a name that I like. It's fairly uncommon but definitely not strange. It's also one of my firends' names. I think it's Latin or Italian. Anyway, Felix.

And RP, DO NOT name your child Gaia. At most a middle name, but even then...
    Hehe middle names.

I remember my class was doing some test on the school computers and my name came up. Alec Thomas Domanski. He laughed for some reason. Then his came up. His name was...
    *drumroll*
    Peter Bo Bo Lin

I laughed my fuckin' ass off. Call me immature but...oh well I'll shut up now...

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

There was a dickhead at our school who no one liked, and unfortunately he was in the same boarding house as me. Anyway, one day I happened to see a list of names of students and their parents. Turns out this guy's mum was called (and I'm not kidding) Sik On Chow.

14. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Yes, I think Felix is a Latin name.

Any Slavic ancestry there?

Hahaa! For you English-speaking guys, "bobo" in Spanish means "silly. I wonder if it fits him...

15. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Hahaha...that was good. Actually, my Dad is Italian, my mom is Irish, Scots-Irish and German. But even so, she probably could bitchslap them better than me, because she is quite a fearsome woman. Believe me, I've felt the wrath. I think the fact that she's had nine kids, homeschooled them all, goes hiking on our 150-acre land every day, and can still fit into her wedding dress classifies her as "hardcore."

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Do my eyes deceive me or is this a post that has stayed relatively on topic for almost 100 posts? Damn, what the Hell are you people doing, I leave for a week and you start following rules, and staying on topic, and being intelligent! I thought I knew you people!

Eli's a nice name for a boy. You don't see too many of them around.

17. Silvara

Silvara New Member

You're right, Blinky - I hadn't realized it! First big thread which stays on topic in this forum...

18. Settler

Settler Member

Domanski's Polish, Silvara. By the way...

Boys

• Angus

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Unless she was a fatass to begin with in the first place. Then it's not a big achievement, it's more like sustaining mediocrity.

20. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Angus?

Are you serious? You know that's a breed of cattle, right? Makes great burgers. Black Angus...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!