Vampire Thingy with Jason Anderson

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, Nov 21, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Jason Anderson has done an <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/vtmb/preview_6083943.html">article thingy</a> over at <a href="http://www.gamespot.com">GameSpot</a>.
    <br><blockquote>Let me begin by saying that I am a firm believer in trying to reproduce as much of the pen-and-paper experience as possible in a computer game. There are two reasons for this. First, it keeps the game familiar to the core fans of the pen-and-paper game. These are the people who will initially buy the game. The last thing I want to do is get a wave of negative reviews from the core fan base. Second, I'd like the computer game to resemble the pen-and-paper game as closely as possible so that those people who have never before set eyes on the setting get an accurate introduction.</blockquote>
    <br>Yup, a company that looks after the fans first. Who can believe that now-a-days? Unfortunately, it seems to go downhill on page 2. Seems computer games are just gosh-too-darn-hard now and need to be made easier. He also talks about how the Pen and Paper rules system needs to be FUBARed so the computer game version doesn't seem like it's broken. Yup. Fun stuff.

2. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Sounds kind of like they didn't expect people to read past the first page. Almost as if they thought that we -- the gamers -- wouldn't have the patience or capacity to understand an article longer than a couple of paragraphs in length. And almost as if they EXPECTED that we would only read the optimistic stuff at the beginning and then move on to the thousand other pending things in our lives. Imagine that.

Our Host!