Anyone else notice scattered wheel of time references?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darksider, Sep 17, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darksider

Darksider New Member

Although ive only been playing 2 fevered days and just completed the p. schyler and sons quest and ive begun to notice alot of wheel of time referrences (ive refrained from calling them ripoffs :wink:) that other readers of the series might pick up on

first thing to catch my eye was virgil using the phrase blood and ashes
    the wise woman in tarant has a cat called scratch
    the schyler boys refer to the age of legends

any others? i havent advanced very far yet :smile:

2. Vikjunk

Vikjunk New Member

Darksider,

Scratch is one of the users of the Inn...

You will notice that there are bunches of references to tons of stuff. The two-headed cow in Tarant is reference to Fallout, a bunny around a bunch of bones is a reference to Monty Python, ect. You’ll notice a lot of the references through out the whole game, they were thrown in for a laugh.

3. Dakun

Dakun New Member

hehe

my fave is the
    gilbert bates (bill gates?)
    and cedric appleby

with bates steeling the technology (dos?) hehe apple being the insulted intimidator who lives down the road and just complains.. that one was good for a laugh when i realized it.

athough.. not really a reference... i like the fact as a woman you can do the prostitution quest... and then once i got to the theives underground the second time.. i realized why mr hallister? god i don't remeber ... either way.. i realized why he was wearing a ring of VIRILITY hehe, i didn't bother pickpocketing it.. i just killed him for asking me to hoe .

hehe peace

jamie

4. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

The Boil is refered to as being "A wretched hive of scum and villany", which is the description Obiwon told Luke about Mos Eilsey Space Port.

Although, my favorite reference is that the penal colony, the Isle of Despair, is refered to as the "Black Isle".. Black Isle Studios being where Troika escaped from. :grin:

Our Host!