zoological society in tarant

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Parmanian, May 10, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

hey folks, does the guy guarding the chest, that has the venom you have to steal, play into the story line?

On strealing the venom, I had my party back-off and wait for me down the road. This little dwarf chased me all around town until I ran in the sewer.

I came out and rounded up my party and continued the quest. Later on while walking on that side of town he found me and then we all had to run away into the sewer.

I have heard that you have to talk with him later in the game. Is he gonna forget about the stolen serum or attack me again? Maybe This is one quest that should be left for the prowlers out there.

Parmanian

2. Canis

Canis New Member

He has a tiny part to play in the Stillwater Giant pelt quest, but he's not necessary and you can skip him entirely if you wish.

My non-prowlers sometimes like to give him the Baneful Gauntlets before stealing the venom. Sometimes they are kind enough to resurrect him afterwards too. :)

3. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

yeah but don't you loose a rep point for killing him? or does the game figure it out that in a round about way you killed him?

And when you resurrect him, I guess he doesn't remember what you did to him?

Parmanian

PS I guess this trick can work on other NPCS!

4. Canis

Canis New Member

Death by Baneful Gauntlets doesn't count as a kill by you and nobody will go hostile. Just drop them near your victim, and if they pick them up and equip them, that's their choice!

Isn't it beautiful? :D

5. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

Thanks for the BANEFUL tip..hehehehe

Parmanian

6. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

i used them on the wise woman outside shrouded hill but while waiting for her to die she kept healing herself so after advancing time maybe twenty days and she still wasnt dead i left it, came back later on in the game and there were just some baneful gauntlets on the floor... pity i didn't get to steal her money then ressurect her

7. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I had heard that after they pick up the gauntlets just start conversation and they don't heal themselves

Parmanian

8. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

you know i really like that idea im gonna buy everything i can off her for a loooong time so she gets a lotta lotta money, give her death by baneful gauntlets, nick her money, then ressurect her, btw can i get virgil to ressurect other people and if so how, or is it just me he resurects.

9. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I never knew that virgil could resurrect you...I never died yet hehehe.

He has to have a scroll in inventory right? because I don't think he ever gets the spell or does he?

Parmanian

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Yes, he needs a scroll, he never learns Resurect.

You & your party members only. Sometimes only you.

Our Host!