Zero Kill Pacifist

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Xyle, Mar 15, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xyle

Xyle Member

I have an Invisible Level 37 Zero-Kill Pacifist Mage with about 14 unspent skill points alone in the Void (left the followers in Roseborough) and I can't get past Kerghan's Guards without killing them. CH=20; DX=20; WP=20; Persuasion Master; & Velorien's Blessing. I completed the game with only the 2 Kills; but I was wondering if there was a way to access the castle while they are still alive (clicking on the door does nothing) and achieve a complete 0 Kill Game. I know that the Evil MainPlot permits access to the castle, but you have kill Stillwater to achieve that access.

They are immune to Dominate Will, being Undead & Getting them away from the door doesn't help either.

(The save file is technically in Roseborough, if something in the outside world helps.)

Zero-Kills: No kills listed in Journal, no kills with Dynamite (which doesn't list in the Journal); Follower's Kills are listed in Journal.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

There are ways to end the game with 0 kills listed in your journal (disposing of the guards with "clean" methods such as dynamite, Harrow or possibly some hexed gear), but it's impossible to end the game without actually killing anyone. Getting inside Kerghan's castle requires either killing the castle's guards or following the evil plot (and therefore killing out Stillwater), there is no other way.

3. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

The script allows you to pass only if they're both dead.

(Actually, in vanilla it's possible to kill one of the guards twice by casting Create Undead on him, but this was fixed in the UAP.)

4. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

Can't you avoid massacring Stillwater if you're evil enough when joining Tseng Ang?

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Slaughtering everyone in Stillwater is the condition required to join the Dark Elves. No level of evil nor persuasion can get you around this. It makes sense - they're not interested in you being evil but in you following their orders without analysing them too much.

6. Xyle

Xyle Member

Ah, such is life. Thanks anyways.

7. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Give Virgil dynamite, and have him throw it at them.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Killing the guards with someone else's hands still means killing them.

9. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

We're taking pacifism to that degree? Oh. Ich. Hmm. Do healing spells work in reverse on undead like they do in other games? I've never played a Mage. If so, heal them to death? Technically you're trying to help them. It's just destroying them. :)

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Highly doubt it, since Harm still harms them.

11. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Indeed, both Black and White Necromancy work on the undead just like they do on the living.

White Necromancy damaging the undead is an interesting idea, though if you'd ask me, the undead, as well as mechanical creatures, should actually be immune to both minor/major healing and harm/quench life, seeing how those spells deal respectively with regenerating and damaging life forces - forces which undead and mechanical beings lack altogether.

This is implemented only partly - White Necromancy doesn't work on mechanical creatures, but as mentioned it for reason works on undead, and Black works on both, strangely enough.

12. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

I'm not sure whether the Mental college should work on mechanical creatures either. It affects the mind, so it might affect the undead provided they have consciousness (god, I hate this word, thank god for Firefox spell checker) or at least some brain functions. But how do mechanical creatures work? Do they have some kind of a mechanical brain? The principles of automatic mechanical creatures is never explained in Arcanum, but there is electricity around, so there is a possibility of a brain consisting of simplistic circuitry. Which would explain extra susceptibility to electricity, but not to Mental college.

13. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

They have a small kettle inside their head. Behold the wonders of steam!

14. Difference Engine

Difference Engine New Member

15. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

On mechanical creatures? Sure does.

16. Difference Engine

Muro: I was wondering if Polymorph would work for the questioner about zero kill to get into castle. Does the script check if the guards are "dead" or whether they were "defeated"? If you are in TB and wait for the "hostility" thing to go and then polymorph them and then click the end of hostility button shouldn't the script switch to "defeated" and let you enter the castle and then cancel the spells? I admittedly don't know how sophisticated the script is at discriminating between "dead" and "defeated".

17. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you meant Dominate Will? Undead being are immune to that spell.

18. Difference Engine

No, I meant Polymorph, the spell turns the target into a harmless sheep. It's the top spell in the Morph college and takes a slot and continued cost so the change isn't permanent. I've never used it but I assume once changed into a sheep they are effectively out of the combat until you cancel the spell effect.

19. moonlight

moonlight Member

No they will attack you, and then all you you could do is killing them.

20. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Undead creatures have souls, they just don't have their own. I believe Kerghans journal mentions him playing with a mountain lion by the means of placing an alien soul into it and then ripping it out again. I'm not sure how this should work with the more spirit-like undead creatures, though.

Our Host!