Your Web Character Sheet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkFool, Apr 19, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    For example, an ECL of +2 makes your character count as two levels higher in terms of level progression. A drow, being more powerful, will lag about two levels behind the other races. It's a question of game balance.

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Drow are so not worth it in NWN2, not even for Mask of the Betrayer.

Incidentally, anyone know which Faerun book the 'Arcane Scholar of Candlekeep' prestige class is in? I've been playing one in MotB and she is EPIC WIN.

4. Dark Elf

Media:
    I don't think it's in any of the books. It was custom made for MotB, no doubt because people would otherwise bitch and moan about how only evil humans were allowed a wizard PrC.

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I find it more effective with Sorcerer than with Wizard. :D

Pity, Arcane Scholar is seriously awesome.

6. Dark Elf

Media:
    I actually think you can be an Arcane Scholar with sorcerer as your base class. Heck, it even works with bards, I believe.

7. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Wizard, Sorcerer and Bard. Very nice for Sorcerer - I can toss something like eight or nine maximised Issac's Greater Missile Storms per day. And that HURTS.

8. DarkFool

My favorite NWN2 character was Drow. He was my anti-Drizzt, anti-drow stereotype. He wasn't trying to be a good guy. He was just neutral, and liked killing things. No torture or slaves. Just the death of anything that made the mistake of attacking him. Also, that -2 light penalty isn't that bad: a large enough number of places you go are dark that it works out.

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I'm quite fond of the Genasi, truth told. I also enjoy my human characters, for many skills and bonus feat = win.

My Arcane Scholar is human. She's lethal.

10. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Human Paladin, extremely fun if you like that sort of thing, lame in the eyes of everyone else.

11. DarkFool

Xiao: I thought that the genasi were awesome looking, but that the weaknesses they suffered as 'compensation' for their special abilities wasn't worth it.

Zanza: I went all the way through NWN2 with Casavir at my side. I like a good Paladin buddy. :D

12. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Paladins are fine until you start burning, raping and pillaging.
    Then you have to kill them.
    That’s why Paladins make such lousy pirates.

13. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

14. DarkFool

After all those years in the clergy, I'd think they'd make excellent pirates.*

*provided the other ship is crewed by young boys

15. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

The only good thing with the Genesai was their looks. Oh, and maybe the +2 str and con bonus for Earth (I think). Damn, their racial feats and spells where so fucking boring.

16. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I always liked the idea of the air genasi, however I just never found them practical.

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I like the Fire Genasi, you'd be amazed how often their racial power is useful. I've also played a Water Genasi Warlock, which was just fucking awesome.

Casavir drove me round the fucking bend. Old Owl Well this, Old Owl Well that, where's my fucking ROMANCE, huh? Why in the many hells would any of my characters want to share a bed with him? (Not taking into account the fact that he's about twice the age of human/genasi/halfling/maybe gnome/half elf/dwarf heroines, which is just messed up.)

Casavir is what it took to make me lower my standards and like Anomen. (More than I did, anyway. I've always been more ambivalent than anything when it comes to Lord Delryn the Younger.)

18. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

You weren't a Bishop fan? Even though I usually play Lawful Good, I still enjoyed having him around.

19. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Bishop was pretty cool, but no way would any of my characters ever consider fucking him. (Not even the CN Bard with isssssuuuuuueeeessss.) The chance of not waking up (or waking up with a dagger in one's back or tied to torture equipment) is a little too high.

On the other hand, I fell for Gann very quickly. How can I not like a weird, demented, dream-walking weirdo hagspawn with Crispin Freeman's voice and a mastery of sarcasm to match my own? *happy sigh*

20. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

See now I always play human male characters, either Rangers or Paladins, problem here is generally the coolest looking/sounding NPCs tend to be Paladins and Rangers. Always get stuck with druids as my romance interests.

Our Host!