Your top ten games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jungle Japes, Feb 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

NWN does have the advantage of actually giving you some SERIOUS choices about alignment. I played both good and evil in BG, and really there wasn't much difference between the two (although evil romancing Edwin was a mod well worth the download time, mwahahaha!).

Plus there's something immensely satisfying about selling out the rebels in Hordes of the Underdark. Stupid whiny Seer and equally whiny followers. *grumble*

2. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

The whole alignment and dialogue system can be so frustrating in rpg's. I can't just walk up to some bloke and say, "Hey, do you know anything about a dragon around these parts?" I first have to greet him, listen to some spiel about some problem he has that I couldn't care less about, and wait for him to tell me that the object which will solve his problem is located in the lair of the dragon. Once I have found the object of his desire, I can do good by giving it to him or evil by demanding payment for it.

What really pisses me off is the fact that in order to be good, I have to be friendly and polite, and to be evil, I have to be crass and arrogant. What if I want to be a good guy with a harsh tongue, or a deceptively friendly bad guy?

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Because stereotypes are everywhere, goth-dammit! >_< I'm totally with you on that one.

4. MADLAX

MADLAX New Member

I seldom agree with JJ, but this time I admit he's hit the real point.

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Well, it's hard to create secret motives for each and every character type when making an RPG. I mean, they'd have to make THOUSANDS of dialouge-lines for every goddamn game. Imagine the time it would take.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I don't think alignment has ever affected anything on a serious level in a Bioware game. I think that company has done nothing but lower the standards and expectations of RPG's worldwide for the best part of a decade now. I curse the very day Bioware was conceived and formed, and I wish all the developers and writers nothing but a lonely, pathetic ditch by the side of the road where the crows can peck at their eyes in peace.

Their games are that shitty.

7. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*snicker* Wait, I know that type of hostility... you're just pissed because you can't finish any of the Bioware games, aren't you!

:roll: Do not start with me. You will not win. (Unless you're a woman, only woman can defeat woman.)

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Im don't think that Bioware games are that shitty, but they sure aren't any good.

9. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i'm a big fan of A Bard's Tale, where they gave up on the whole alignment choices thing, and just gave you too choices for dialogue: nice, and sarcastic. you don't even get to choose the actual dialogue, just the tone he uses. he's neither good, nor evil, and the whole game makes fun of rpgs in general. it's beautiful.

10. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I liked Baulder's Gate II for the story and character interaction. That and the fact that it's 2-D graphics are more vibrant and detailed that NWN. However I don't play BG much anymore. I played NWN through once and dropped it. Arcanum, however, I keep playing. There, people hate you if you're evil (unless they're evil). Until Bioware makes a D&D game where you can be a necromancer (and kill, raise the dead, destroy buildings, and take over the world) with a level cap of 50, I'll stick to my old games.

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Wait, I thought women were vulnerable to shaving cream, like Superman is with kryptonite.

12. MADLAX

MADLAX New Member

I love you so much.

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Where the FUCK did that one come from?

14. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

That's what Adam said when he woke up and saw Eve.

15. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

16. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

XD That's brilliant! :lol:

Our Host!