Your names

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wolf, Dec 17, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Best RPG is Skies of Arcadia! And there ARE many different classifications of RPGs, honestly...every game that you take the role of a character is a RPG. Anyway, on to my name!

I am Quethim, the God of all and of nothing...

Eh, ok, that doesn't help much. I will explain to you the meaning behind my name...and I like to write so it'll be long. :)

I have all ways played games and then I started playing games on the internet...so I needed a name! And I hate stealing names and combining two words to make one...so I like to create my own name. :)

First, I started with the name Flamebow...but that sounded gay and stuff...and I was 10 at that time. So then I started making a list of names that would be pretty cool, and I had like over 50 names probably...so then Quethim came into my head. Anyway, I've got way more names then that, that I still use. And since sometimes I have female characters that I play, I also have females names. Like Alaneth and my most recent namy Jenya.

Ah yes, the God part about Quethim. I am writing a novel right now, and Quethim is actually the name of the God of Light, basically. Even though the Gods are not clasified as life, death, darkness, light and stuff like that...they are just Gods...well really no alignment...except Kingar, he's evil...cause he's the bad guy. :)

2. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

quethim said:
    Congrats and I hope all goes well in that direction. Hardest part is writing. Set goal for yourself and stick to it!! No matter what! Say, like 5 pages a night, or 2, something to shoot for. NEVER, and I mean never, go to sleep without fulfilling writing goal. Otherwise it will be forever......or just never get finished

3. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Well, my name is the name of Gilthanas' girlfriend, the silver dragon, in Dragonlance. I liked it, and decided it'd make a good username.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Lies! All lies! The fact that I tolerate certain people calling me Jar Jar does not make the above statement true! I was using the name BEFORE The Phantom Menace came out!

Really, it's all lies

5. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I think I'm going to have to re-read the chronicles books...I knew I remembered that name from some where...

You're talking about Laurana's brother, right?

6. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Yes. It's been a long while since I read the books too, but I liked the name.

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, I blink alot. My friends actually tried counted the number. We watched an episode of Felicity. I could only take 5 minutes of it before I had to run screaming from the room, but they say I almost blinked 1000 times. Their best estimates placed it at 969.

8. Canis

Canis New Member

Are you serious? I actually thought it was supposed to represent a threesome.

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Canis! I would never! Well...I probably would. You know, it is up for redefinition at a moment's notice...

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Is that a dry eyes thing, or do you just blink a lot. In fact, I'm going to change your name if you want. You shall hereforth be known as Sir Blinkalot!

11. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

My name comes from a Diablo Two clan I was once a part of, the Twilight's Hammer. Yes, I DO know that the name comes from Warcraft Two also, but that's not what I got it from... anyway! There were 10 of us in T'SH, and we had full custom items for normal play, and full hacked items. They are, as far as I know, the best sets of items ever created. They made (this analogy only works if you play D2) the white armor look like cracked leather, and a broken club. After around 2 months we slowly started losing members, after 4 months we were down to 3, and by the fifth month we had no members remaining but myself and the leader, so me and him disbanded. I doubt any of you knew him, but the leader was Black Fang the Demon.

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Nah Jar, don't change it, then I'ld have to remember a different name. I purposely only use two names so I don't need to remember anything else. Blinky969 for most things, Rammie969 for stuff involving contacting me. 969 has just become my number of choice. Plus I'm an Aries, hence the Rammie

13. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I know. But it will take ages for people to get used to the idea that Solaris and that new Womble guy are one and the same.

By the way, I began giving my tech characters in Arcanum typically womblish names, like Tobermory and Orinoco. There is something in it- seeing how many times I loot the garbage bins in Tarant for rags broken revolvers and other useful junk :lol: Very womblish kind of behavior.

14. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

sorry for seeming ignorant, but what is Womblish? I haven't heard that term before... :-?

15. Langolier

Langolier Member

Well my name comes from a short story written by Stephen King. "The Langoliers". When I first got into online gaming I needed a name and Langolier was all I could think of.

16. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I believe they're creatures from some book, and they get stuffed into cans by mean guys.

Our Host!