Your childhood/youth is about to be shattered.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by werozzi, Nov 6, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. werozzi

werozzi Member

2. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

The biggest threat to Star Wars has always been, and will always be, George Lucas himself. This might not be as bad as you think.

3. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I agree. This part of my childhood already died with episode one.

4. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I'm part hopeful, part terrified. George Lucas may have been the number one culprit in the destruction of Star Wars, but Disney just feels... wrong. It feels like his decision, you know? Maybe I'm just being pessimistic about this, but all I see when I try to picture a Disney Star Wars movie is The Clone Wars, and more Jarjar. I sincerely hope that my fears are completely unnecessary and that the movie will be great.

5. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I think people are generally over-reacting to this news. These days Disney produces more than cartoons with anthropomorphic animals. Pirates of the Carribean and The Avengers are both Disney franchises. Frankly this doesn't mean squat for the direction that Star Wars will take - as TP says it might even be an improvement. Ultimately, Disney wants to make money, not ruin your childhood.

UNLIKE THAT SCUMBAG GEORGE LUCAS OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE HE EVISCERATED MY DREAMS #IMPOTENTRAGE

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I find myself in agreement with Smuel on this one. People are just bitching for the sake of it now. No one is telling you to see the movie.

7. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Honestly, a Pixar animated Starwars couldn't be any worse than the prequels were. They at least get good acting talent to voice their movies.

8. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Hey, I've always advocated that I liked Revenge of the Sith - so I'm not too bothered either way; in my mind it was better than A New Hope. Phantom Menace also wasn't the worst film ever, I think the trouble was they made a kid's film for what was essentially a young adult audience (well, at the time when the original films were released) - but the amount of hatred it gets is disproportionate to the actual quality of the film. Jarjar Binks isn't even in it a great deal for people saying that he ruined the entire thing, really Jake Lloyd's acting is the true stinker. I don't mind what direction Disney takes the franchise, though if they started doing Knights of the Old Republic films there is a chance I might* mess myself in ecstasy.

*Replace "chance" and "might" with "certainty" and "will"

9. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Re:

Good news everyone, I am no longer in love with Jojobobo.

10. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

11. Jojobobo

Re: Re:

Don't worry I'm sure I'll grow on you again in time, like some kind of horrible greenish fungus.

12. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Whatever happens it may well concentrate on all new characters or new actors playing them at least. I doubt Disney will have Lucas' attachment to always keeping the same actors to play a role. If Disney were able to get their hands on Indiana Jones I doubt Harrison Ford would even be considered for Indy V

So we will hopefully not have to watch Mark Hamill on a walking frame playing Luke Skywalker.

13. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

From what I have heard (loose based rumour on the internet, or who knows, I don't even remember) they wont focus on the old stories.

14. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Did you see that fine Disney production called Tron: Legacy? They can create computer generated versions of actors now. So it is more likely that we will be seeing a creepy young-looking Hamill-bot played by Mark Hamill, playing Luke Skywalker.

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Will he sound like the Joker?

16. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

As I may believe the recent sources*, Disney is going to focus on the first, "Star Wars: Episode Vll," will follow 1983's "Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi.

I think it’s much better that we ALL should not make over hasty assumptions, as we may not have enough proof or evidence of what Disney may do.

*Or rumors.

17. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I think it's better that we all make as many assumptions as possible, and we should see it as our duty to spread misinformation and false rumours about these upcoming so-called "Star Wars" films.

18. Jojobobo

In Star Wars VII: Attack of the Incestuous Time Travel you find out that really Luke was really Darth Vader's dad, and what he did to Shmi Skywalker gives "use the force" a whole new meaning. Nothing else gets people het up like a cyclical paradox.

19. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Jojo: What if Luke discovers that Darth Vader is his uncle as well? Perhaps even the horrible discovery that he's a mere clone (IE replicate as in the movie Blade Runner)

On a more seriously note; The latest sources says that Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford wants to reprise their old roles in the new movies. What do you all think?

1) Yes. That's because you can't chance a winning team.

2) No. Let's give the All-New cast a chance to flourish.

20. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    If they reprise their roles, I expect they wouldn't be the main characters. They'll probably be the parents of one of the main characters, or something. That wouldn't be too bad, as long as they are treated as proper characters and not catchphrase-spouting fan service droids. Those would NOT be the droids that I'D be looking for.

Our Host!