Your attention, please, CharlesBHoff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chalupa Cobra, Jul 29, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Does the American president deserve a premature death by sniper's bullet??

Poll closed Aug 5, 2003.
  1. Indubitably so. That corruptive, corporate-pandering lech must be PUT DOWN!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nay, I say. G. W. is a crusader for all that is good and right in the world today!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Voting with bullets is wrong.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Phoenix, owning a gun does not necessarily translate to the ability to use or maintain one. How many of your gun-toting friends go to the range with any measure of regularity?? How many of those range-frequenting, gun-toting friends can actually hit the kill zone at a fifty -- or even twenty -- paces with a fair degree of accuracy?? And how many of those sharpshooting, range-frequenting, gun-toting friends of yours contemplate assassinating a political leader with their oh-so-cool sniper skills?? That's what I thought, you don't have many friends like that.

Also, as to the army lending a helping hand when it comes to the Revolution, I have three words for you: chain of command. From day one at boot camp every grunt has it hammered into his head that he MUST obey his superiors, even if he/she doesn't believe that what he/she is doing is right. They move up the ladder a bit, and they have another superior above them. Go up far enough and you come to the commander-in-chief, Il Presidente. Even though Fearless Leader may not have had ANY military training or battlefield experience he gets the final say on all military operations. That silly ass calls ALL the big shots. Show me an arm that functions without a mind -- or better yet, an arm that hammers at its own mind when it feels like it -- and I'll show you a military force that will lend you a helping hand in toppling its own government.

As for a government requiring the support of the people: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! There are too many historical examples to cite here and so I'll just say that democracy is a lynch mob; other forms of government tend to fall short of that distinction.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I wouldn't have any friends that contemplated assasinating the president. And I DO know several people that go to the range frequently. And several of them would laugh at you only asking about 50 paces.

I know several people from the military. Heck, I'm related to several people in the military. They would do just about anything they are ordered to, but you think if the government was oppressing their families, and their siblings, parents, cousins, friends, etc. were fighting against that government, you think they would fight for the government?

So if the people just quit paying taxes and abandoned all their military positions the government would be just fine?

3. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

HA ha ha ha ha HHAAAAAA hahahahaha hahahah....

Seriously, that was funny.

Dude, apparantley you haven't read far back enough in Charles' past. Ok, let's see if I got this right. Jarinor, Ferret.. you guys back me up.

Ok, so far Charles B Huff -n- Puff has helped avert nuclear war by sending a letter to than office of than interior second department, he is on first name basis with everyone in than second department, he wrote part of the Koran, he is always on the up and up with the latest happenings of the evil christian fund. who, by the way, include any conservative, corporation, or anyone that owns a gun. Umm.... Now I'm gonna toss it over to Jar.

4. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

5. xento

xento New Member

The QUESTION is 'what is a Huffster?'

It's someone who is can understand and translate the fluent language of CBH.

6. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

I hereby promise to dedicate some of my spare time to learn Hoffian!
    For the good of mankind

(And womankind especially :razz: )

I will not fail you...

(Well, I might fail you in the beginning)

But after that, I'm DONE failing you!

7. xento

xento New Member

You have failed me...

I thought you would dedicate ALL your time to learning womankind! Tsk tsk tsk. :-x

8. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Chalupa, you couldn't possibly be more wrong. If you receive an order that you believe is unlawful, it is your duty and responsibility not to follow said order. You must go above the individual who issued the order in the chain of command and make known what was ordered and articulate why you believe it to be unlawful. Do yourself a favor and stop watching shitty John Travolta "military" flicks.

9. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Lol, sorry I didn't respond to ya. I saw the following reply and got sidetracked. As for the first part, no they weren't half chicks. They were very attractive ALL chicks. Also, moms really seem to like me. It's kinda creepy. As for the second part, I think it was 100 though I'm not to sure, it was a few years ago.

10. xento

xento New Member

I'll forgive ya. Noone's perfect.

Except for the gay ones that were 50% chick and 50% man, right?

Wow. You could be a real MILF hunter!

Yay! Almost enough to make up for that 20% you got on the last report that dealt with why you think you are sexy.

11. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Hey, I DON'T think I'm sexy. I don't see why girls find me attractive. And no they were not 50% guy. All girl.

12. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

It's funny that you tried to refute my argument, Darkwalker, because you didn't. As I mentioned before, if you follow the military chain of command far enough up you reach the president. Now, the president may not be above the law but he's about as close as one can get without moving out to the boonies and establishing your own little self-ruled, self-run kingdom, Darkwalker. Besides having a large say in the appointment and disappointment of supreme court justices, the president is filthy rich from the recent investments he has made, not to mention his inheritance. Last time I checked the ability to hire a crack team of expensive lawyers goes a long way towards giving one an advantage in the American justice system.

I don't mean to make G.W. out to be some all-powerful dictator because here in the States we have something called a balance of powers. But, the Bush family has had at least two generations to figure out how to cut presidential corners and learn the political ropes, possibly more. G.W. also has the majority of the House and Senate backing him and I'm willing to bet that a lot of them are elbowing each other to get a larger slice of the pie that he's dishing out -- namely, the oil fields of Iraq and their attached development concerns.

Oh, and point me to the CONTROVERSIAL film about the war in Iraq starring John Travolta; I'd like to watch it. The only one I liked with him in it so far has been Pulp Fiction and he did a real hammy job of playing an upstaged role.

(by the by, isn't your signature picture of Bricktop from the movie Snatch??)

13. gargob

gargob New Member

Here in the Philippines we've had two sucessful revolutions that overthrew two presidents. And if I remember correctly we didn't use firearms.

14. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Whatever Cobra, you remind me of a dog chasing his own tail. Try reading what I wrote, it has nothing to do with your paranoia concerning President Bush. I'm simply saying America's soldiers, sailors, and Marines are not mindless robots who follow fucked orders.

15. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Actually, no. If you had bothered to read the bit you quoted it's quite wasy to see the question is 'Where is the Hoffster??'. :roll:

You have much still to learn young one. :)

You have a disturbed psycology that goes way beyond anything else found on this site. You should be really worried. I bet your parents are! :/

See above.

16. Resident Master Vampire

Resident Master Vampire New Member

Really, its the modern world. Countries with democracy can just kick their leaders out if they lack confidence in the leader without weapons.

Guns don't pull their own triggers and murder can be done in other ways. But what are your chances againsts someone with a gun compared to someone with a knife. You would not even know who murdered you. And if it is done in a fit of fury, the gun can do much more damage.

Of course, psycologicaly chalenged people enjoy bloodbaths, don't you? Don't you? :D

17. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Agree with wampire here, it is so much easier to kill with a gun. So it should not be give to anybody who might use it against other people. Now i will not even try to discuss this with you because that this is the US way of doing it and everyone there seem devoted to protecting their right to have a weapon.

Sure the people in the US will have a chance against the us army if they try to rebel. The people of iraq, and large amounts of the iraq army did rebbellion in 1990 and they controlled most of the country, then saddam came and rolled them into pancakes with his tankdivisions and that was that. Seriously if the US turned into a dictatur, don't you think that the president would secure himself the support from the army, and a large part of the population?

Now to the originalk purpose of my post wich was to answer to retards post. Chalres has spoken to god. This is a fact that he has repeated several times.

Charles also has great understanding of world politics and of reality:

And he ha avoided a nucelar war:
    Still certain that you wanna belive anything charles say?

18. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

You say it is much easier to kill with a gun but it actually depends on the situation. Often times if a person has a knife they can kill the person with the gun fairly easily cause they can have it ready quicker (refering to knives such as bowie knives where you don't have to pull the blade out). Actually if it is done in a fit of fury, Vamp, your blood is racing and oftentimes you will be shaking at least somewhat and not thinking straight. This can throw off your aim a great deal. If a person standing I think it is 10-15 feet away RUNS aways from the person with the gun, the person only has like a 1 in 12 chance of hitting you. And only a small percentage of those would be fatal. Or if the person has a knife they would probably be closer in the first place, and in that case the adrenaline and such could help you move faster and kill the person relatively easily if the person isn't very skilled in self defense (which most people don't seem to be). And also you really think the president could get most of the army and a large part of the country to give up their freedom so he could be a dictator? I seriously doubt it. Also, ever heard of the American Revolution? Sometimes talking and protesting don't work when you have a corrupt government in place. I certainly hope it never comes to that, but we COULD rise up against the government and win. Certainly in Iraq he did roll over the uprising, but that does not mean it will always work that way.

19. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Qilikatal, who's to say that Charles HASN'T spoken with God?? I'm sure that you yourself are ENTIRELY familiar with what it's like to be in communion with Him and so I'm sure that you are equally familiar with what it's like to NOT to hold a conversation with Him (sarcasm HINT HINT). I believe that God speaks with everyone on a daily basis and it is simply a matter of listening.

I also believe that Charles has some insight into politics and the state of the world today. Again, it is a matter of perception and understanding. From what I have gleaned from his posts he is an avid follower of news both here in the States and abroad.

And who's to say that Charles HASN'T averted nuclear war?? The funny thing about nuclear wars is that people don't tend to notice them when they are being averted. Many Egyptians and Israelis have harbored a deep hate for each other since the time of Moses and many, MANY times throughout the course of history this hate has erupted into war. The things happening in the Middle East and especially Israel have ties that directly or indirectly affect the entire "civilized" world. Charles seems to have a grasp of this. Personally, I'd very much like to see the letters that he's sent to the Secretary General and Saudi ambassador.

Ferret, thank you for putting xento in his place.

Darkwalker, I never said that America's soldiers, sailors, and marines are "mindless robots who follow fucked orders." Perhaps YOU should try reading what I wrote. When an American soldier, sailor, or marine challenges an executive order they are going to face a court martial whether they are on the side of right or not. Degradation of moral fiber is the sign of the times right now and most American soldiers, sailors, and marines would rather be on the the side of wrong than face a dishonorable discharge and several years in a federal prison.

I hope you come to realize, Darkwalker, that name-calling is beneath you.

gargob, it's nice to hear that things are peachy in the Phillipines. Still, I'm almost certain that NEITHER revolution could have been pulled off without the threat of force behind it.

20. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Dude, please tell me you are fucking joking. You obviously have no idea how mentally sick Charles is. I seriously hope you are joking. If not, well then, welcome to than Second Department.

Our Host!