You just won the Lottery!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maximus, Aug 5, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

It's like watching retards slap one another with sticks! I love it! :D But yea... I think I'd build myself a chopper like Ben's from Full Throttle (if you'ven't played the original, go to hell), and then tour the country. Then the world. =D

2. itachi988

itachi988 New Member

Oh well, i´m up for it.

Smack me again, if you dare!

3. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Another idea: authors of many books like "Rich father, poor father" and like those always said that "because people do not know a difference between making money and earning money, they're always without 'em. If they would win, there would be no money after 2 years." I'll try to save money for 3 years (by putting in bank or jar) and prove those assholes that they're liers. It's good reason for judging with them.

4. Maximus

Maximus New Member

The reason most people (80%+) are broke after five years is because they never learn how to manage money, but rather blow it as fast as possible on whatever seems fun at the moment.

Its not just lottery winners, but anyone who aquires cash rather suddenly. An excellent example is pro athletes. They have hoards of cash and lots of 'friends' but shortly after their talent is gone and the money disappears, they're broke with nothing to show for it.

It all comes down to poor planning and not investing, like most things in this world.

5. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Re: disappearing money -

That's when their half-broke, half-fake companies start finagling money out of old sport buddies, as seems to have happened over here recently.

Me, I'd buy some nice stuff I'd really want and then hoard the rest like Smaug.

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the Smaug complex. A worthy endeavor.
    I'd buy myself a nice house, and put myself through school. Then I'd supplement my wealth with the new money I'd make as an engineer, and I'd have a hefty retirement budget off of which I could live. I'd never let anyone know I had the money. I would keep my name from the media, and sue them for defamation of character if they should reveal my identity. There's nothing worse than moochers looking for some quick sympathy cash.
    Yes, I'd help my family, too. I think just spending the first two million would be good, and I'd continue with my plans as stated above.

7. Maximus

Maximus New Member

That actually sounds like a sound financial plan.

In fact, most millionairs live modest upper-middle class lives and drive nice but reasonable cars. This protects them from moochers and scam artists as well as allowing them to lead normal lives.

Those who dont fall under the statement, "a fool and his money are easily parted."

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Alas, I must confess to being perpetually broke.

9. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with that, Dark Fool. I was actually upper-middle class up until three years ago, when I dropped to middle-lower class. I hate not having the money I used to, but I know I've much more in common with the rest of the people on this planet now. Not sure what it means, but basically I've come to terms with my financial situation.

10. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Poverty sucks. When I first moved out I was dirt poor. Money was a luxury that I didn't have. When you dont have any cash you cant buy nice things like clothes and food and booze. Well, maybe the booze and cigarettes. Luckily for me I didn't stay there, but am middle-class now due to hard work and determination.

And screw having more in common with the rest of the people on the planet, they're not going to pay my bills. Plus, the majority of the planet survives at or near poverty. If they dont like it, let them try and do something about it. Poverty is a state of mind, and you'll be there forever if you believe it.

11. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Just tell everyone you're rich and refuse to believe their cold hard logic, if I say I fly my helicopter to work everyday and park it in my airport then I damn well mean it. And no evidence to the contrary will sway my conviction.

Our Host!