Yet another Virgil bug- (This time he won't leave)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Void-Lobster, Dec 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Void-Lobster

Void-Lobster New Member

So, I finished T'sen Ang and to my surprise Virgil not only did not leave, but automatically turned into ass-hole Virgil instead of running off. Now, searching around here seems to indicate that most people prefer for Virgil to stick around, indeed I can't really find a whole lot on my particular problem.-

I've tried reloading and doing the whole thing over, I've tried NOT killing the dark-elves, I've tried killing them all, I've tried to force Virgil to run off (He just de-materializes and never appears anywhere). I've tried... well I've tried everything I can think of. What the hell?

:x Ideas anyone?

2. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Did you try to leave Virgin behind before going to the dark elves ?

3. Void-Lobster

Void-Lobster New Member

No, I'll try it though I don't see how that will make him leave and do his thing.

4. Void-Lobster

Void-Lobster New Member

Didn't work- I went through without him, then picked him up again and entered T'sen-Ang and left, only for him to instantly turn into Surly Virgil.

I also notice (perhaps a more serious problem) that when I removed Surly Virgil from the group, he can't quite rejoin (when I have him return he doesn't actually rejoin the group.)

5. Langolier

Langolier Member

If Virgil's alignment is too evil then he will turn into surly Virgil after Tsen'Ang and never leave. What is his alignment if you don't mind my asking? --if it is very far into the negatives (it can be a little negative) then the only solution to your problem will be to go back to Tarant and donate lots of gold to beggars.

6. Void-Lobster

Void-Lobster New Member

-100, actually (played around with the darkhelm) I'll try raising his alignment to see if that works :D.

Our Host!