Yet another nationbuilder.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Apr 22, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

anyone else have the problem that they don't get the response they think they voted for? example: the issue of newspapers making crap up came up, and i chose absolute free speech, and now it says that reporters get fired for fact-checking errors, which seems more in line with option 2, "newspapers need guidelines."

2. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Since there is absolute free speech, the reporters doesn't bother checking the facts, they just say what they want to say, so they get fired...?

3. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

The ways fo the game is inscrutable.
    That should answe any further question.

No serious, I have noticed it to. It's kinda bothering from time to time.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

How about a different kind of "nation"? Here's a chance to build your own Jurrasic Park (Sim-Park) and it even comes with some pre-loaded adventures. It's actually not bad.

Download the zip file, unpack, then follow the directions in the instructions.txt to finish installing the game. BTW: The zip file is 91 megs.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WDSVPOWO

5. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i just gave some weird cult access to archelogical digs... not sure what the results will be, but since they worshipped the Undead Little Bunny Foofoo, i couldn't resist them.

6. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I've decided to allow in refugees to keep my sewers clean.

7. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

NO! I have made meat eating "frowned upon"!

8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

What colour should swamp be?

9. mathboy

mathboy New Member

10. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i know, tel, the meat thing screwed me over, too. on the plus side, i have hamster abductions every time a new archealogical site is found.

11. Telcontar

Hamster abductions :lol:
    I am hoping for a movement to kill the National Poetry Society. I never knew they could be so painful.

12. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

The Empire of Grossenschwamm is a large, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate population of 45 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 34%, but much higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is led by the Retail, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture industries.

The government is cutting back on the number of political prisoners executed each year, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, gambling is outlawed, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Grossenschwamm. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grossenschwamm's national animal is the dogman, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the grossmark.

Grossenschwamm is ranked 2034th in the region and 48,751st in the world for Smartest Citizens.

I told those bastards to only mine a part of the uranium deposits, not the whole fucking rainforest. Now my dogmen are dwindling.

13. mathboy

mathboy New Member

The Free Land of Math Country is a large, safe nation, notable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 40 million are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Social Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising fourteen-year-old boys selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.

Most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, the government funds large training centres to turn naked orcs into functioning members of society, and roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews. Crime is totally unknown. Math Country's national animal is the naked orc, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the jansons frestelse.

Math Country is ranked 740th in the region and 22,253rd in the world for Smartest Citizens.

My naked orcs beat your dogmen.

14. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

The Principality of Casafortia is a large, devout nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 40 million are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.

The small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Religion & Spirituality. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1%. A healthy private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Gambling and Door-to-door Insurance Sales.

Military spending recently hit a new high, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, there are no minimum wage laws, and the country is preparing for war. Crime is moderate. Casafortia's national animal is the wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the lira.

15. Telcontar

The Kingdom of TelcontarConfederacy is a very large, devout nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate population of 56 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 36%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Automobile Manufacturing industry.

The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, refugees from other nations are flocking to TelcontarConfederacy's border, and the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. TelcontarConfederacy's national animal is the dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.

TelcontarConfederacy is ranked 450th in the region and 20,168th in the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.

16. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

The Dictatorship of Xzia is a very large, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 50 million are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 16%, but much higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Soda Sales and Beef-Based Agriculture.

Cars are banned from built-up areas, government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest, there have been reports of people marrying housepets, and notable individuals are granted land and titles. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Xzia's national animal is the duck, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the auro.

Xzia is ranked 3678th in the region and 68,020th in the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.

17. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

The Holy Empire of Vyenna is a very large, safe nation, renowned for its burgeoning tiger population. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 50 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

The medium-sized government devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Social Equality and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 30%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Book Publishing and Retail.

The people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, and most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vyenna's national animal is the tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the yen.

18. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

The Principality of Casafortia is a large, economically powerful nation, notable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 45 million are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.

The small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Religion & Spirituality. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1%. A robust private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Door-to-door Insurance Sales.

The country is preparing for war, the roads are notorious throughout the region for their peril, loans are available for students from poor families, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime is moderate. Casafortia's national animal is the wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the lira.

19. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

20. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I got that one, I went with #3.

Our Host!